AFCAT 2021 will be conducted by the Indian Air Force. AFCAT or Air Force Common Admission Test is a National Level recruitment exam for recruiting the eligible candidates in all the three branches of Indian Air Force i.e Flying Branch, Technical Branch and Non-Technical Branch. The exam is conducted twice a year in the month of February and April. Candidates who want to make a career in this field and have a dream to reach the sky can apply for the exam. Also, Candidates will be able to fill the online application form from December 2020. Candidates may read the whole article for complete details regarding the AFCAT 2021 like eligibility criteria, syllabus, exam pattern, admit card etc.
AFCAT 2021 Notification
- AFCAT 2021 recruitment notice will release on 01 December 2020.
- The Notification will be released in online mode on the official website.
- The registration process for AFCAT-I will start in December 2020.
- The Exam date is expected to be in the month of February 2021.
AFCAT 2021 Exam Dates
The important dates of the AFCAT Exam are given in the table below:
|Events||AFCAT-I Dates||AFCAT-II Dates|
|Notification release||Decmber 2020||June 2021|
|Application Form starts||December 2020||June 2021|
|Last Date to Apply||Last week of Decemebr 2020||July 2021|
|Admit Card release||30 January 2021||August 2021|
|Exam Date||07 February 2021||September 2021|
|Result Declaration date||March 2021||October 2021|
AFCAT 2021 Application Form
Candidates will have to fill the application form to apply for the AFCAT exam. The details regarding the AFCAT Application form are:
- AFCAT-I Application form will relase in December 2020.
- The application form will relase in online mode.
- Candidates will be able to fill the application form through the official website.
- Moreover, AFCAT-II Application form will release in June 2021.
- Candidates may have to register themselves in oreder to fill the application form.
AFCAT Application Fee
The details regarding the application fee are given below:
- The application fee for AFCAT Exam is Rs. 250/- only.
- Candidates can make the payment through the online mode via
- Debit Card
- Credit card
Payment of application fee is a mandatory step to apply for the AFCAT Exam. Moreover, candidates are advised to keep a copy of the fee receipt for record and reference.
AFCAT 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must check the eligibility criteria before applying for the AFCAT Exam. The details regarding the eligibility criteria are:
- Candidate must be an Indian Citizen to be eligibile for the exam.
The details regarding the AFCAT 2021 Age limit are:
|Flying Branch||Candidates age should be in between 20 – 24 years. |
The candidates having a commercial pilate licence can apply till the age of 26 years.
|Ground Duty (Technical and Non-Technical) Branch||Candidates Age should be in between 20 – 26 years of Age.|
Physical and medical Criteria
Candidate must be medically and physically fit to be eligibile for the AFCAT exam.
The educational qualification details required to be eligible for the exam are:
Candidates must have a graduation degree with minimum 60% marks. Also, Candidates must have passed their class 12 with Physics and Mathematics.
- Candidates must be having a B.Tech or B.E degree with 60% aggregate marks.
- Candidate must have 60% marks in section A and section B of Astronautical Society of india(ASI) or Associate Membership of Institute Engineers (AMIEE).
Ground Duty Technical Branch
Aeronautical Engineer (Electronics)
- Candidate must have passed class 12 with a minimum of 60% marks in Physics and mathematics. Also, Candidate must have a four-year degree in Engineering/Technology.
- Candidate must have 60% marks in Section A and Section B of Associate Membership of Instituiton of Engineers Aeronautical Society of India or Graduate Memebrship Examination of the Instituion of Electronics and Telecommunication engineers by actual studies.
- Candidates must have passed class 12 with minimum 60% marks in Physics and Chemistry. Also, candidates must have a degree/integrated post graduation in Engineering/technology.
- Candidate must have cleared the the Section A and Section B Examination of Associate Memebership of Institution of Engineers or Aeronautical Society of India by actual studies with minimum 60% marks.
Ground Duty Technical Branch
- Candidate must be agraduate with minimum 60% marks.
- Candidate must have cleared Section A and Section B Examination of Associate Membership of Institution of Engineers or Aeronautical Society of India with minimum 60% marks.
How to Apply for AFCAT 2021?
Candidates can follow the below mentioned steps to apply for AFCAT Exam.
- Visit the official website of AFCAT. i.e www.afcat.cdac.in
- Click on the notification and read it carefully.
- Click on the application and fill the form carefully.
- Candidates must have to register themselves by filling the details such as email id, mobile number etc.
- After registration, candidates will receive the login credentials i.e login id and password on the registered email address or mobile number.
- Then, Login using the registration id and password.
- Fill the further details as per asked in the application form.
- Upload the documents such as a scanned copy of signature and a passport-sized photograph.
- After uploading the documents, candidates may have to pay the application fee.
- Then, Candidates may Submit the application form.
- At last, Candidates are advised to save a copy of filled application form for further use.
Candidates must know the complete exam pattern to clear the AFCAT Exam. The details regarding the AFCAT 2021 Exam Pattern are:
- Exam Mode: The exam will be conducted in Online mode.
- Type of Questions: The exam will contain Objective Type Multiple Choice Questions.
- Duration of Exam: The exam will be of 02 hours duration.
- Total Questions: The exam will contain a total of 100 MCQs Questions.
- Total Marks: The exam paper will be of 300 Marks.
- Marking Scheme:
- Each question will be of 01 marks.
- However, there will be a negative marking of 0.33 marks.
- Subjects: The exam paper will include General Awareness, Verbal Ability, Numerical Ability, Reasoning and Military Aptitude.
AFCAT 2021 Syllabus
Candidates are advised to go through the complete AFCAT syllabus to prepare for the AFCAT Exam. The AFCAT SYllabus will be different from the EKT Syllabus. Candidates can also check the complete syllabus from the official information brochure.
The vital information regarding the AFCAT syllabus are:
- General Awareness: Sports, Current affairs, Art, Culture, History, Civics, Environment, Politics, Geography, Basic Science, etc.
- Numerical Ability: Number series, Profit & Loss, Average, Percentage, Simple Interest, Simplification, ratio, Decimal Fraction.
- Reasoning & Military Aptitude: Verbal Skills and Spatial Ability.
- Verbal Ability in English: English Comprehension, Jumbled Sentences, Vocabulary, Antonyms, Synonyms, Error Finding, Fill in the Blanks, rearrangement of Sentences etc.
The books that can be used for preparation of AFCAT 2021 exam are:
- AFCAT for Flying, Technical & Ground Duty Branch with Solved Papers (English, Paperback) — Arihant Experts.
- Let’s Crack AFCAT – Air Force Common Admission Test — SSBCrack.
- AFCAT Solved Papers and Practice Sets — Arihant Experts.
- Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations — R. S. Aggarwal.
AFCAT 2021 Admit Card
The details regarding the AFCAT Admit Card are:
- AFCAT 2021 Admit card will release in the month of January 2021.
- The authority will release the admit card in online mode.
- Candidates will be able to download the admit card from the official website.
- The admit card is a mandatory document and have to be carried on the day of the exam.
- Candidates have to carry a valid ID proof along with the admit card to appear for the exam.
- Moreover, Candidates may note that the authority will not send hard copy of the admit card to any candidate.
AFCAT 2021 Exam Centres
The details regarding the AFCAT Exam Centres 2021 are:
- AFCAT exam centres are the cities in which the exam will take place.
- Also, AFCAT (1) 2021 exam will be conducted in more than 100 cities.
- And, AFCAT (2) 2021 exam will be conducted in 90 cities.
- To check the complete list of exam centres, candidates may click here.
AFCAT 2021 Result
The details regarding the AFCAT Result are:
- AFCAT 2021 Result will be declared in the month of April 2021.
- The authority will release the result in online mode.
- The candidate will be able to check the result from the official website.
- Moreover, The final result will be prepared on the basis of the marks obtained by the candidate in the exam and interview.
- The selection will depend on the Candidates overall performance including Physical fitness.
AFCAT 2021 Cut Off
The details regarding the AFCAT Cut off are:
- AFCAT Cutoff will release in the month of March 2021.
- The cutoff will release in online mode.
- Candidates will be able to check the cut off list from the official website.
- The cutoff marks are the minimum marks needed to be eligible for the next round.
- Candidates will need to login using the login credentials to check or download the cutoff list.
AFCAT 2021 Interview
The details regarding the interview process are given below:
- The candidates will be called for the interview round after declaration of the result.
- Candidates will have to select the AFSB date and venue from the official website for generating the Interview call letter.
- Candidates will have to carry all the important documents for the interview round.
- The authority will verify the documents for the eligibility of the candidate.
The important documents required to be carried along for the interview round are:
- AFCAT Admit card
- Class 10 Marksheet
- Class 12 Marksheet
- Certificate of class 10
- Certificate of class 12
- Original/ Provisional Graduation Degree/ Post-graduation degree certificates and mark sheet of each year
- Final year students must have a certificate from college principal with details such as College name, University name, discipline, aggregate percentage and date of declaration of the final result with a proper stamp and seal of Institution.
- NCC Certificate (If Applicable)
- NOC Certificate
- Valid Commercial Pilot license, issued by DGCA (If applicable).
- Passport sized colour photographs
AFCAT Selection Process
The details regarding the procedure of Candidate’s selection are:
- Firstly, Candidates have to appear for the written test.
- Then, Candidates will be selected for the next round of selection as per their rank secured in the examination.
- On the basis of the performance in the exam, Candidates will be invited for the Screening Test (Stage-I) by the authority.
- The screening test consists of Officer Intelligence Rating Test and Picture Perception and Discussion Test.
- After qualifying the Stage-I exam, Candidates will be called for the Stage-II.
- Stage-II Test will consist of Psychological Test and Group Test to check the candidate’s interactive ability, conversation skills etc.
- Candidates who qualify the SSB/ Interview will be selected for the medical examination before offering the final letter of joining.
Types of Comission
There are two comissions in the Indian Air Force, the details regarding the same are given below:
Permanent Comission(PC) for Male
The candidates who will be joining as PC officers would continue their services till the age of superannuation in their respective IAF Branch as per their rank.
Short Service Comission (SSC) for Male and Females
- Under SSC, the engagement period of a Flying Branch officer(Male and Female) is 14 years from the date of commissioning which is non-extendable.
- For Ground Duty (Technical & Non-Technical) under SSC, the initial period of service is 10 years. However, as per the service requirements, availability of vacancies, willingness, suitability and merit, an extension of 04 years can be granted to the officers.
AFCAT 2021 Vacancies
The details regarding the AFCAT 2021 Vacancies are:
|Flying Branch||SSC – 60|
|Ground Duty (Technical)||AE(L):PC – 40, SSC – 26AE(M):PC-23, SSC – 16|
|Ground Duty (Non -Technical)||Admin: PC -24, SSC -16Accts : PC -14, SSC -10Lgs ; PC- 12, SSC – 08|
AFCAT 2021 Highlights
The overview of complete AFCAT Exam are:
|Name of Exam||AFCAT 2021|
|Full Form||Air Force Common Admission Test|
|Level of Exam||National Level|
|Conducting Body||Indian Air Force|
|Purpose of Exam||Recruitment for posts in Indian Air Force|
|Mode of Exam||Online mode|
|Exam Duration||02 hours|
Official website : www.afcat.cdac.in
For details regarding recruitment exams, click here.
afcat 2021 registration afcat 2020 afcat 2021 registration date afcat eligibility afcat 2021 dates afcat 2 2020 afcat login afcat syllabus