BHU Admission 2021 is on the basis of the entrance exam conducted by the university itself. BHU entrance test is supposed to be conducted in the month of April or May 2021 for both UG & PG courses. Banaras Hindu University is a renowned central university situated in Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh. University conducts a separate university level entrance test (UET & PET) for admission into UG & PG courses. Admission in UG /PG courses is on the basis of candidate score in UET and PET exam respectively. For admission into MBA courses, the university also accepts the scores of CAT Scores. Candidates can apply for admissions from February 2021 through online mode. Candidates can check important details related to BHU Admission 2021 such as application form, exam dates, eligibility criteria, test pattern, syllabus, etc. from this article.
BHU 2021 Notification
The details regarding the BHU Notification are:
- BHU 2021 Notification will release in January 2021.
- The notification PDF will include all the details regarding the BHU Admission process.
BHU 2021 Important Dates
Candidates can check the tentative dates for BHU UET and PET exam for various sessions of the exam from the following table:
|Events||UET Exam Dates||PET Exam Dates|
|Availability of application form||Second week of February 2021||First week of February 2021|
|Last date to apply||First week of March 2021||First week of March 2021|
|Downloading of Admit Card||Fourth week of April 2021||Second week of May 2021|
|BHU Exam||First to last week of April 2021||Second to Fourth week of May 2021|
|Declaration of result||Third week of May 2021||Last week of May 2021|
|Beginning of counselling||First week of July 2021||First week of July 2021|
BHU 2021 Application Form
Candidates can check the basic details related to BHU 2021 Application Form for UET & PET in the below given section:
- BHU application form for both UET and PET can be filled in online mode. Any other mode will not be provided.
- The Application process will begin from second week of February 2021 for UET and PET.
- The application form filling process includes the following steps– Online registration, filling up details, selection of course & online application form entry, uploading photograph and signature, application fee payment and printing the application form.
- Candidates have to apply before the last date which is supposed to be in the first week of March 2021.
- University will reject the application form if the candidate does not fill the form properly or if application fee is not paid by the candidate.
After filling all the details in the application form, candidates have to pay the application fee that vary category and course-wise. Applicants can check the application fee from the table given below:
|All Courses [Except Shastri (Hons.)]||Rs. 300||Rs. 600|
|For Shastri (Hons.)||Rs. 150||Rs. 300|
|Extra Fee (In case of more than one course)||Rs. 150||Rs. 300|
Payment mode: Application Fee can be paid through Online mode through credit card/debit card. Application fee can be paid through in cash through Bank Challan of HDFC bank.
How to Apply for BHU 2021?
Candidates have to follow the steps given below in order to fill BHU 2021 application form:
- Visit the BHU official website.
- Click on the link displaying ‘Click here to apply’.
- Go through the given instructions carefully and then click on ‘Register’ button.
- Enter all the asked details like name, date of birth, father’s name, mother’s name, email ID and etc and then click on ‘sign up’ and ‘confirm’ button.
- Candidate will receive a message on the registered email id or registered mobile number.
- Now login again using user id and password.
- Candidates have to select course first.
- Now fill the all the details asked in application form such as personal, education, address, etc. carefully.
- After filling the details click on the button displaying ‘save and continue’.
- Upload passport size photograph and signature in the application form in the prescribed format.
- Now click on ‘Save and continue’ button.
- Click on tab displaying ‘Preview before confirmation’.
- After that candidate have to pay the application fee through online or offline mode.
- Pay the application fee after clicking ‘Pay and submit application form’ button.
- Candidates are advised to print the duly filled application form and keep it safe for other admission procedures.
BHU 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates are advised to check the BHU Eligibility for various courses before filling the application form which is given in the following section:
For B. Com (Hons):
- Qualifying Exam: Passed class 12 or equivalent from the recognized board.
- Qualifying Subjects: Candidate must have studied Economics/Commerce/ Computer Science/ Maths/ Finance/ Financial Markets Management subjects in class 12.
- Minimum Marks: Candidate must have secured at least 50% marks in the qualifying exam.
- Age Limit: Applying candidate must be less than 22 years of age, as on 01 July 2021.
For B.A (Hons) Arts:
- Qualifying Exam: Candidate must have passed class 12 or equivalent from the recognized board.
- Minimum Marks: Applicants must have minimum percentage of 50% marks.
- Age Limit: Applying candidate must be less than 22 years of age, as on 01 July 2021.
For LLB (Hons):
- Qualifying Exam: Candidates with Graduate degree in BA/ B. Sc/ B. Com or its equivalent from the recognized university are eligible for admission.
- Minimum Marks: Candidates must have secured minimum of 50% marks at the graduation level.
- Age Limit: Applicants should be less than 30 years of age, as on 01 July 2021.
- Qualifying Exam: Candidates must have Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture, Technology, Medicine, Education, Law or its equivalent from any recognized board.
- Minimum Marks: Applicants must have secured at least 55% marks (ST/SC candidates must have 45% marks) from any recognized University/ Institute.
- Appearing: Final year graduate students can also apply for admission in MBA programmes.
BHU 2021 Exam Pattern
Candidates are advised to check the complete BHU Exam Pattern which is given in the below given section:
- Mode: Online mode i.e. Computer Based Test.
- Language of Paper: Question paper will be designed in English & Hindi language.
- Time Duration: Varies from 2 hours to 2½ hours for various courses.
- Type of Questions: Multiple choice type questions.
- Number of Questions: 150 questions.
- Total Marks: 450 marks.
- Marking Scheme: 3 marks will be awarded for each correct response. 1 mark will be deducted for every wrong response.
- Mode of Paper: Online mode i.e. Computer Based Test.
- Time Duration: 120 minutes i.e. 2 hours.
- Sections: Two sections– A & B.
- Number & Type of Questions: 120 MCQs with 60 questions in each section.
- Total Marks: 360 marks.
- Marking Scheme: 3 marks will be awarded for each correct answer. 1 mark will be deducted for each incorrect response.
Candidates can check the distribution of questions and marks in UET and PET in the from the table given below:
|Exam||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks|
BHU 2021 Syllabus
Questions in the BHU Admission 2021 UET test will be from class 12 topics depending upon the course and stream opted by the candidate. For PET, the syllabus is based on the topics studied at UG level. Topics are designed as per the candidate choice of programme in graduation level.
Candidates can check the complete syllabus, from the website of BHU University through online mode.
BHU 2021 Preparation Tips
Candidates can opt the following BHU preparation tips in order to score good in the entrance exam:
- Candidate must begin the exam preparation early so that any topic won’t be left out.
- Check all the details of exam pattern and syllabus briefly before starting the preparation of exam.
- Prepare short notes of all the important topics studied while preparation.
- Solve previous year papers and sample papers for scoring good marks.
- Prefer the study materials mostly recommended by the professionals available in any of the online or offline modes.
BHU 2021 Admit Card
BHU 2021 Admit card will be available from fourth week of April 2021 for UET. For PET the admit card will be available from second week of May 2021. The admit card will be available through online mode. Candidates will be informed about the admit card on the email id/mobile numbers provided at the time of registration.
Candidates have to login using their email id or registration id to access the admit card. Also, Candidates have to carry an id proof along with the hall ticket on the day of examination for verification purpose. If any discrepancy if sound in the admit card, candidates must contact the authority before the exam day.
How to Download the Admit Card?
Candidates have to follow the steps given below to download the admit card.
- Visit the BHU official link.
- Click on link displaying Admit card.
- Enter the required details such as registration Id or email ID.
- Click on the button displaying “Search” option.
- Finally the admit card will appear on the screen.
- Print the admit card for future usage.
- Preserve the admit card in good condition till the admission.
BHU 2021 Answer key
BHU Answer Key will be available from the third week of May 2021 after the completion of exam. Candidates can download the admit card for both UET and PET in online mode from the website. Answer key will be available in the PDF format.
Students will get the separate answer key for each sets of paper-Set 1, Set 2 and Set 3 etc. Candidates can calculate the probable score of entrance test through this answer key.
BHU 2021 Cut Off
Banaras Hindu University will release the BHU entrance Cut off through online mode on its website. Separate cut off will be released for various courses. The cut off will be available in the form of merit list which will be published online on the website.
Cut off depends on various factors like no of students appearing, reservation policy, level of paper, sets availability, etc. Candidates must have to score at least of the cut off in order to qualify the exam.
BHU 2021 Result
BHU 2021 Result will be released by the university from the third week of May 2021. Candidates can check the result by online mode. For checking the result candidates have to login using their roll number or other credentials.
The final qualifying marks will be decided by Banaras Hindu University. Candidates will be informed about their marks in the entrance test through an email or SMS. Students can also check their overall merit and category merit from the result released by the university.
BHU 2021 Counselling
BHU 2021 Counselling will be organized in offline mode at the university campus. In the counselling, students can select their allocation of seats by reporting at the allotted institution.
Qualified candidates will be informed about the complete details of counselling schedule through the website. Also, university will also release the counselling letter to participate in the counselling in online mode. In Counselling, candidates must carry the complete documents with them for the verification process.
Documents Required for Counselling
Candidates have to bring the following documents for the verification purpose:
- BHU entrance exam admit card
- BHU entrance exam rank card
- Qualifying exam mark sheet
- Qualifying exam passing certificate
- Character Certificate
- Category Certificate (if required)
- Migration Certificate
- Transfer Certificate
BHU Admission 2021 Highlights
The highlights of BHU Admission 2021 are given in the table:
|Exam Name||BHU Admission 2021|
|Conducting Body||Banaras Hindu University|
|Exam Type||UG & PG Level|
|Exam Level||University Level|
|Courses Offered||UG, PG & Diploma Courses|
|Exam Mode||Online Mode|
|Application Mode||Online Mode|
|Helpline Number||0542-6703236, 0542-6703236|
In case of any doubts regarding the BHU Admission 2021, you may ask us in the comments section.
Official website: www.bhuonline.in