CEED 2021 exam will be conducted in the third week of January 2021. CEED Exam is conducted in online mode. Common Entrance Exam for Design is conducted at the national level by IIT Bombay. CEED is conducted once in a year for admission into M. Des & PhD courses. By CEED exam, aptitude for design is tested and qualified and eligible candidates will get admission in the renowned institutions – IIT Kanpur, IIT Hyderabad, IITDM Jabalpur, IISc Bangalore, IIT Guwahati, IIT Bombay, etc. CEED score is valid for one year from the date of the exam result announcement. Candidates can check all the details related to CEED 2021 such as application form, exam date, eligibility, exam pattern, syllabus, preparation etc. from this article.
CEED 2021 Notification
The details regarding the CEED Notification are:
- CEED 2021 notification will release in August/ September 2021.
- The notification will release in online mode on the official website.
- Moreover, CEED notification PDF will include all the details regarding the exam.
CEED 2021 Exam Dates
Candidates can check important dates related to CEED Exam events from the following table:
|Important Events||Dates 2021 (Tentative)|
|Online Registration opens||Second week of October 2020|
|Last date to register (without late fee)||Second week of November 2020|
|Last date to register (with late fee of Rs.500)||Third week of November 2020|
|Availability of admit card||First week of January 2021|
|CEED 2021 exam date||Third week of January 2021|
|Publication of Answer key||Third week of January 2021|
|Challenging of answer key||Fourth week of January 2021|
|Final Answer key release||First week of February 2021|
|Declaration of Results||First week of March 2021|
CEED 2021 Application Form
Candidates can check the important details related to CEED 2021 Application process from the below given section:
- CEED 2021 Application Form from the second can be filled week of October 2020 till the second week of November 2020. Candidates have to pay a late fee for registration till the third week of November 2020.
- The registration form can be filled in online mode only from the official website.
- CEED Application process consists of the following steps– Online registration, filling details in the application form, images & necessary documents uploading and application fee payment.
- Candidates must have a valid mobile number and email id as all the details regarding admission will be sent on it.
- Authority will not provide any correction facility so candidates may fill complete details in the form carefully without any mistake.
- Moreover, candidates may keep a copy of the filled application form for further use.
CEED Application Fee:
After filling the application form, candidates have to pay the CEED application fee. Candidates from the different category can check the application fee from the given table:
|SC/ ST/ PwD / Female candidates||Rs.1300|
|All other candidates||Rs.2600|
|Late registration fee||Rs.500|
Mode of Payment:
CEED Application Fee can be paid in online mode via debit card/ credit card / net banking method.
How to Apply for CEED 2021?
Candidates have to go through the following steps to fill the CEED 2021 Application Form:
- Visit the CEED 2021 official link.
- Click on the link displaying “Apply for CEED 2021”.
- Fill all the asked details and provide valid and working email ID & mobile number.
- Registration id and password will be sent to the registered email ID or mobile number.
- Login again to fill the CEED application form. Candidates must carefully fill all the details, and may recheck the application form before submitting it.
- Candidate have to upload scanned images of photograph & signature as per the prescribed format and size.
- After filling the details, candidates have to pay the application fee by using available payment modes.
- At last, candidates are advised to print the application form and payment receipt for future use.
CEED 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must check the CEED Eligibility criteria before applying for the exam:
- Age Criteria: There is No age limit prescribed for appearing in CEED exam.
- Appearing Candidates: Final year graduation candidates can also apply. Such candidates have to provide their passing proof during admission.
- GATE Scorecard: Interested candidates can also apply through their GATE Scores.
- Applicants with a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/ Architecture/ Design/ Interior Design or its equivalent after 10+2 level from a recognized board or university can apply for the CEED Exam
- Candidates with 5 years of graduation G.D. Art along with one-year post qualification professional experience after class 10 are also eligible for CEED exam.
- Candidates with Professional Diploma in Design such as NID/ CEPT or its equivalent after class 12 can also apply
- Candidates with Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA) of 4 years after class 12 are also eligible to apply for the entrance exam.
CEED 2021 Exam Pattern
Given below is the CEED exam pattern that candidate must be familiar with:
- Exam mode:
- Part A will be conducted in Online mode i.e. Computer Based Test.
- However, Part B of the paper will be in offline mode.
- Parts: The exam contains two different parts i.e Part A & Part B.
- Sections: Three sections.
- Type of Questions:
- Part A consists of multiple select types & numerical answer type of questions.
- Part B consists of drawing-based questions.
- Time Duration: Total 180 minutes i.e. 3 hours.
- Part A will be of 60 minutes i.e. 1 hour.
- Part B will be of 120 minutes i.e. 2 hours.
- Total Marks: Total 200 Marks i.e. Part A and Part B will be of 100 marks each.
- Language of Paper: English Language.
- Marks Weightage: 25% weightage of marks will be awarded for Part A & 75% weightage is given to Part B of the exam.
Candidates can check the section wise exam pattern for Part A and B from the tables given below:
|Section||Number of Questions||Question No.||Marks if Correct||Marks if Wrong||Total Marks|
|NAT||10||1 – 10||3||0||30|
|MCQ||25||21 – 45||2||-0.6||50|
|MSQ||10||11 – 20||2||0||20|
|Total||45||1 – 45||100|
|Section||Number of Questions||Question No.||Total Marks|
|Discipline Specific Question||5 (answer any one)||1 – 5||40|
|Total||8||1 – 8||100|
CEED 2021 Syllabus
Given below are some important topics of CEED 2021 Syllabus for both the parts i.e. part A and part B of the paper:
Environmental and Social Awareness: Questions are generally asked from General awareness of environmental factors such as climate, natural resources, etc., products, images and environment, Implications on the design of infrastructure. Awareness of social and cultural connection with the design and design terminologies, etc.
Visualization and Spatial Ability: Questions are based on Pictorial or diagrammatic questions to test the understanding of transformation or manipulation of 2D and 3D objects and their spatial relationships.
Language and Creativity: Candidate must have ability to distinguish innovative options, ability to think creatively in terms of alternatives and think out of the box. Questions are generally based to check candidate’s ability to solve passages commonly used in English Languages.
Analytical and Logical Reasoning: Candidate’s ability for understanding the given information and select the most accurate solutions will be tested in this section. Along with this, the candidate’s ability to use logic and structured thinking solve short passage with a number of statements will be checked in this section.
Observation and Design Sensitivity: Candidates ability to detect day to day life problems and think critically about them is tested in this section.
Design Thinking and Problem Solving: Questions are asked related to understanding the context, the users and the constraints and choosing the most accurate solution for a given design problem.
Drawing: Candidates have to draw products, composition, proportion, people or scenes in proportion with good line quality, perspective and shading will be tested.
Creativity: Candidate must be able to think out of the box and must come up with diverse as well as unique solutions will be seen in this section.
Problem Identification skills: In this part B test, candidate skill in design and ability, understanding of the user and the context, properties of materials and process, originality of solutions, ability to create characters, plots, stories, etc. are tested.
Communication skills: Candidates ability to express idea and concepts clearly using text and visuals will be tested.
CEED 2021 Syllabus PDF will be available here once the authority releases.
CEED 2021 Preparation Tips
For scoring good marks in CEED exam, candidates must opt for some good CEED 2021 preparation tips and tricks which are given below:
- Candidates must prepare a time table and study accordingly.
- Check CEED syllabus, exam pattern & marking scheme before starting the preparation for the exam.
- Candidates must attempt mock tests and previous years papers to get an idea of the CEED exam.
- All the important points must be noted at one place and should be revised regularly.
- For exam preparation, candidates must select good study material for CEED.
CEED 2021 Admit Card
The CEED 2021 admit card will be available from the third week of January 2021. The admit card will be released in online mode on the official website. Candidates have to login at the official website using their login details such as application number, Password etc. Applicants are advised to take the coloured print of the admit card at the allotted exam centres.
Candidates after downloading the admit card/hall ticket must check all the details mentioned on it. If any discrepancy is found in it, candidates are advised to contact the official authority before the exam.
Details Mentioned on the CEED Admit card
The details that are mentioned on the admit card are listed below:
- Name of the Candidate
- Roll number
- Date of birth
- Contact number
- Email address
- Signature of Candidate
- Passport size photograph of the applicant
- Name of Exam center name
- Exam Center address
- Exam Date & Time
How to Download CEED 2021 Admit Card?
Candidates have to follow the steps given below to download their CEED admit card.
- Visit the CEED official website.
- Enter email ID and Password to login.
- Click on ‘Login’ Button after filling details.
- Click on the link displaying the CEED 2021 Admit card.
- Admit card will appear on the screen.
- Candidates must have to check all the details carefully and verify it.
- Candidates are advised to print the admit card and must keep it safe till admission.
CEED 2021 Answer Key
The details regaridng the CEED Answer key are:
- CEED 2021 Answer key will be released in the third week of January 2021.
- The authority will release the answer key in online mode.
- Candidates will be able to download the answer key from the official website.
- The answer key includes all the correct answers to the questions of the exam paper.
- The released answer key will be present in the PDF format for downloading.
- If there are any objections/comments regarding the answer key, candidates will be provided with a facility to raise their objections till last week of January 2021.
- After considering all the objection authority will release the final answer key tentatively in the first week of February 2021.
CEED 2021 Result
CEED 2021 Result will be declared in the first week of March 2021. Candidates can check the CEED exam result via online mode. Candidate have to login at the official website using their login details such as DOB or password.
CEED qualified candidates will be shortlisted in merit list prepared by the authorities for further admission process. Also, the scorecard of CEED contains various information related to candidate such as their rank, qualifying status and merit position.
CEED 2021 Cut Off
The details regaridng the CEED Cut off 2021 are:
- CEED 2021 Cut off will be released in online mode on the official website.
- CEED Cut off is the minimum marks that a candidate must secure to get admission.
- The cutoff of CEED exam depends on various factors such as the number of seats available, number of qualifying candidates, number of appearing candidates, the difficulty level of test, etc.
- On the basis of the cut off list, candidates will get selected in the merit list.
Candidates can check the category wise CEED cutoff in the table:
|Category||Minimum percentage of marks required for short listing in Part A|
|ST/ SC/ PWD||5%|
CEED 2021 Merit List
The details regarding the CEED Merit list are:
- CEED Merit List will be released by the authority after the release of the cutoff list.
- CEED exam qualified candidates will get their name shortlisted the merit list.
- Authority will release the merit list via online mode on the official website.
- Candidate’s rank in the merit list depends on their performance in the CEED exam.
- Only the candidates who will clear the Part A exam can apply for Part B exam.
- Candidates who will be selected in the merit list will be considered for the further process.
CEED 2021 Admission
The details regaridng the CEED 2021 admission or selection procedure are:
- Candidates must be eligible to appear for the CEED exam.
- Candidates will have to apply in various institutions on the basis of the scorecard as per their choice and marks.
- The procedure for admission will be different for different institutes.
- Also, candidates may note that the authority will not conduct any CEED counselling process for the admission or seat allotment.
- Moreover, many institutes may also conduct their own aptitude test or interview round for the admission.
CEED 2021 Sample papers
The details regaridng the CEED Sample papers are:
- CEED sample paper consists of questions that have been already asked in the exam.
- The authority releases the sample paper so that candidates can practice the previous year questions.
- Candidates are advised to solve sample papers to get an idea of the questions asked in the CEED exam.
CEED Mock Test 2021
The details regaridng the CEED Mock tests are:
- The authority will relase the CEED mock test in online mode.
- The aim of providing the mock test of CEED is to help candidates in understanding the fomat of questions, maximum marks alotted, distribution of marks, marking scheme etc.
- Candidates are advised to give CEED 2021 mock test before the exam to evaluate their preparation for the exam.
CEED 2021 Participating Institutes
Below is the list of all the participating institues of CEED Exam:
- IIT Delhi
- IIT Bombay
- IISc Bangalore
- IIT Kanpur
- IIT Guwahati
- IIITDM Jabalpur
- IIT Hyderabad
CEED 2021 Exam Centers
The details regarding the CEED Examination centres are:
- The examination will be conducted in 24 cities.
- Candidate must choose atleast 03 examination cities/ centers at the time of registration.
- The exam centre is the center where candidate will have to appear for giving the exam.
- The final examination center will be mentioned on the admit card.
CEED 2021 Examination cities are:
- Ahmedabad, Bengaluru, Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, Chandigarh, Delhi,
- Chennai, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Dehradun, Ernakulam,
- Kolkata, Lucknow, Mumbai, Kozhikode, Panaji, Nagpur, Patna, Pune,
- Raipur, Thrissur, Thiruvananthapuram, and Vishakhapatnam.
Common Entrance Exam for Design Contact Address
- Chairman, JEE (Advanced)-UCEED-CEED 2021, Indian Institute of Technology Bombay, Mumbai 400076
- E-mail: email@example.com
- CEED 2021 login Official Website: www.ceed.iitb.ac.in
CEED 2021 Highlights
The highlights of CEED Exam are given in the table below:
|Full Form||Common Entrance Exam for Design|
|Exam Level||National level|
|Conducting Body||IIT Bombay|
|Exam Mode||Online mode|
|Exam Duration||03 hours|
|Courses offer||Design courses|
|Helpline number||91 22 2576 4063 / 9093 / 9094|
Official website: www.ceed.iitb.ac.in
For details regarding the JEE Main exam, click here.
ceed 2020 key, ceed syllabus 2020 pdf download, ceed 2020 paper analysis, ceed exam instructions, iit bombay entrance exam 2020, ceed coaching, ceed colleges, ceed 2019 brochure.