DU Admission 2020- The University of Delhi has started the admission process on 20 June 2020. DU application form is available at the official website of the university. The registration window has been opened from 20 June 2020. The last date for submitting the DU Admission Form 2020 will be 04 July 2020. Earlier the registration for Du admission 2020 has been postponed due to the outbreak of coronavirus pandemic. A common DU application form for all the courses for the 90 affiliated DU colleges is provided by the authority.
The admission is based on the merit score of the candidates. However, in PG courses and in some UG courses admission is based on the entrance exams. Candidates need to register themselves on the DU admission registration portal to fill the application form. The portal for DU Admission 2020 for the undergraduate programs will reopen from 31st July for updating the 12th board marks.
Read the complete article to know more about the DU admission form 2020.
- 22 June 2020: More than 57,000 students have registered in 24 hours for Delhi University UG Courses
- 20 June 2020: DU Registration process has been started.
DU Admission 2020 Latest News
15 July 2020: As CBSE 12th results 2020 have been declared, The students will move forward towards college admissions. Delhi University will soon talk about the Cutoff scores for the admission. Candidates, however, can get registered themselves for the admission.
24 June 2020: According to the data shared by a varsity official with a media house, 57,312 candidates have registered on the Delhi University online portal for DU admission 2020 to undergraduate courses, while 18,837 candidates have registered themselves for postgraduate courses and 2,071 candidates registered for PhD admissions till 5:30 pm on Sunday.
DU Admission 2020: Overview
The overview of DU Admission 2020-21 is given in the table:
|Name of the University||University of Delhi|
|Mode of Admission||Merit and Entrance Based|
|Number of Seats||62,000|
|Number of College||91|
|Who can apply||Gen/OBC/SC/STPPersons with Disabilities (PWD), Kashmiri Migrant (KM)Armed Forces (CW) Nominated Sikkimese Students Ward QuotaMinority college applicantsSports/Extracurricular activities (ECA) categoriesWomen applicants from Delhi seeking admission in Non-Collegiate Women’s Education Board (NCWEB)|
DU 2020 Application Dates
Following are the details regarding the DU 2020 dates for the UG and PG application form, exam and cut off:
For UG Course:
|Events||Dates Merit Based||Dates Entrance Test Based (DUET)|
|Starting of Online Application Form||20 June 2020||20 June 2020|
|Last Date to submit Application Form||04 July 2020||04 July 2020|
For PG Course:
|Starting of Online Application Form||08. June. 2020|
|Last Date to submit Application Form||30. June. 2020|
DU Admission 2020: Details
Following are the details for the DU 2020 Admission Form. Candidates must check the details for more information:
- DU admission 2020 form has been released for admissions.
- The application window for the admission process is opened from 20 June 2020 for UG and PG courses.
- The application form will be filled online. There is no other mode to fill the application form.
- Candidates can fill the application form from the official website.
- The last date to fill the application form is 04 July 2020.
- Personal details, education, address, etc. need to be filled in the application form along with the scanned passport size photograph and signature in the prescribed format.
- Candidates are required to take a printout of the application form for the other procedures involved in the admission.
DU 2020 Admission Eligibility Criteria
Before filling the application form candidates must go through the DU 2020 Admission Eligibility Criteria:
|B.Tech||Candidates must pass 10th and 12th form any recognized board.||OBC candidates must secure a minimum of 54% marks while PWD candidates must have obtained 57% marks in their qualifying examination.|
|M.Tech||Candidates must have passed B.Tech/ B.E. / Electronics and Communication/ Electrical M.Sc. Physics with Electronics Specialization or any equivalent Bachelor’s degree from any recognized university.||Candidates must have obtained a minimum of 60% marks in their qualifying examination.|
|MCA||Candidates must have passed any Bachelor’s degree from any recognized university or institutes with Mathematical science.|
|LLM||Candidates must have passed 3 to 5 years of LLB degree from any recognized board.||Candidates must have obtained a minimum of 50% marks in their qualifying examination. While minimum of 45% marks in qualifying examination are required for SC/ ST candidates.|
Document required for DU Application Form 2020
Following are the important documents/information needed to fill the DU 2020 application form:
- Valid Mobile Number
- Valid Email ID
- Scanned images of signature in the prescribed dimensions.
- Scanned images of passport-sized candidate’s photograph in prescribed dimensions.
- Certificate for SC/ST/OBC/EWS/CW/KM
- Certificate for OBC (Non-Creamy Layer)
- EWS Certificate from competent authority certifying the applicant can claim reservation under this category.
- Scanned details of Class X and Class XII (Marksheet or Certificate).
- Aadhaar Number
- Details of Credit Card/Debit Card/Net Banking for application form payment.
How to Apply for DU 2020?
Follow the steps given below to apply for Delhi University Admission 2020:
- Firstly, visit the official website of University of Delhi i.e.www.du.ac.in.
- Click on the ‘New Registration’ tab.
- Fill the basic details like name,email, date of birth, mobile number etc.
- On your registered email and mobile no. a confirmation message will be sent.
- Login to the portal using your id and password for the next step.
- Carefully fill the details asked in the application form.
- In the prescribed format uploaded your passport size photograph and signature.
- Pay the application fees through the online mode like net banking, debit/credit card.
- Candidates are required to take a printout of the application form for further process of admission.
DU Admission 2020 Application Fee
Candidates may check the fees structure for the DU application form 2020 given below for UG and PG courses:
UG Courses (Based on Merit List)
|For UR/ OBC candidates||₹150/-|
|For SC/ST candidates||₹75/-|
|For ECA/ Sports candidates||₹100/-|
PG and UG Courses ( Entrance Test Based)
|For UR/OBS candidates||₹500/-|
|For SC/ST/PWD candidates||₹250/-|
DU Application Form 2020- How to choose Best 4 Subjects?
Candidates have to fill the calculated percentage of the best four subjects in the application form to apply for DU admission 2020. Given below are the criteria for choosing the best four subjects:
- The 1st subject should be a language paper (core/elective/functional).
- The 2nd subject should be relevant to the choice of course applied in the admission process.
- You can choose any core/elective subject for 3rd and 4th subjects.
Delhi University (DU)
Delhi University (DU) is a central government university established in 1922. As per NIRF 2019 it is ranked on 13 positions for the best university. The university provides courses for both undergraduate and postgraduate level in science, commerce and humanities fields. 90 colleges are affiliated to Delhi University.
DU Admission 2020: Highlights
The overview of DU UG Admission 2020 is given in the table below:
|Name of the University||University of Delhi|
|Admission form release date||08. June.2020|
|Page Details||DU Admission 2020|
DU Admission 2020 Ug Courses is started from 20 June 2020. Candidates may fill the application form before the last date.
In case of any doubts, you may ask us in the comments section.