FTII JET 2021 is organised by Film & Television Institute of India (FTII). It is a national level entrance exam conducted every year. Through this exam, candidates will get admission in Film & Television Institute of India (FTII) and Satyajit Ray Film & Television Institute (SRFTI). Candidates will be offered admission in Graduate diploma & Post Graduate Certificate courses. Candidates may check the complete article for information regarding the FTII JET 2021 exam dates, application form, fee and much more.
FTII JET 2021 Notification
The details regarding the FTII 2021 Notification are:
- FTII JET 2021 Notification will release in December 2020.
- The notification PDF will include all the details regarding the exam.
FTII JET 2021 Exam Date
Candidates may check the FTII JET Exam dates in the given table:
|Application form release||4th week of December 2020|
|Application form last date||1st week of February 2021|
|Admit card release||3rd week of February 2021|
|JET 2021 Exam date||4th week of February 2021|
|Result declaration||3rd week of April 2021|
|Interview||4th week of April 2021|
|Admission starts||4th week of April 2021|
FTII JET 2021 Application Form
Candidates may check the eligibility criteria before filling the application form. The details regarding the FTII JET application form are:
- FTII JET 2021 Application form will release in December 2020.
- The application form will release in online mode.
- Candidates will be able to fill the application form from the official website.
- The uploading documents should be in the prescribed format only.
- Candidates may select the two cities according to the preferences while registration.
- Also, candidates have to provide a valid email id and phone number.
- Moreover, candidates may take a printout of the filled FTII application form for further use.
The details regarding the applicatiom fee are:
|Groups||General category||SC/ ST/ PwD category candidates|
|Film Wing Group||Rs. 4000/-||Rs. 1250/-|
|Television Wing Group||Rs. 4000/-||Rs. 1250/-|
Mode of Payment: Candidates will be able to pay the application fee through online mode.
- Candidates can make the payment via Credit Car, Debit Card.
- Moreover, candidates may note that the application fee once paid would not be refunded under any circumstances.
FTII JET Eligibility Criteria
The details regarding the FTII 2021 eligibility criteria are:
- Direction & Screen Play Writing, Electronic Cinematography, & Video Editing Acting: Candidates must have a bachelor’s degree from a recognized board or university.
- Sound Recording & Television Engineering: Candidates must have qualified Class 12 examination with Physics as a mandatory subject.
- Art Direction & Production Design: Candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree in any one from Applied Arts, Sculpture, Architecture, Painting, related Field in Fine Arts, Interior Design, or equivalent diploma.
FTII JET 2021 Exam Pattern
The details regarding the FTII JET Exam pattern are:
- Exam Mode: The exam will be organized through offline mode only.
- Questions Type: The paper will contain Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) & descriptive type questions in the examination.
- Exam Duration: Candidates will be having 03 hours to complete the question paper.
- No. of questions: There exam paper will have 30 MCQ’s & 70 descriptive type questions.
- Maximum marks: A Total of 100 questions will be asked in the FTII exam.
- Marking Scheme: Each correct answer will be of 01 marks.
The details regarding the distribution of marks for both the wings are given below:
Film wing course
|General Awareness (National/ International), Indian History, Culture, etc.||15|
|General Aptitude Course||Total-30|
|Long descriptive questions||20|
|Specific Area Aptitude Test||Total- 70|
Television Wing Course
|General Awareness (National/ International), Art, Culture, folk art, etc.||15|
|Questions related to TV, Electronic Media, and digital media||15|
|General Aptitude Course||Total-30|
|Long descriptive questions||20|
|Special Area Aptitude Test||50|
FTII JET 2021 Syllabus
The details regarding the FTII JET Syllabus 2021 are:
- Film Wing:
- Sec A: The section will contain questions from the General Aptitude Test. The questions will be from Architecture, Arts, etc relates to cinemas.
- Sec B: The section will contain questions from Specific Aptitude Test. There will be long descriptive questions, & short notes type questions.
- Television Wing:
- Sec A: The section will contain questions from the General Aptitude Test. The paper will consist of questions from general awareness & television, digital media & electronics.
- Sec B: The section comprises of long descriptive questions.
- Sec C: The section comprises of Special Area Aptitude Test.
Note: FTII JET Syllabus PDF download link will be available here.
The tips to prepare for the FTII 2021 Exam are:
- Evaluate the syllabus and check the exam pattern.
- Make short notes & study them on the regular basis.
- Read deeply about the topics of cinematography.
- Practice from various different youtube channels on film making & film analysis.
- Get some information and knowledge from art & culture from GK books & newspaper.
- Keep some time for weak topics and revision.
FTII JET 2021 Admit Card
The details regarding the FTII 2021 Admit card are:
- FTII JET Admit Card will release in Third week of February 2021.
- The admit card will release in online mode.
- Candidates will download the admit card from the official website.
- Candidates will need to login to downl;oad the admit card.
- No candidate will receive the admit card in offline mode.
- The FTII Admit card will contain all details regarding exam venue, exam date and time, candidate’s name, exam instructions etc.
- It is a mandatory document and candidate will not be allowed to enter the examination hall without it.
FTII JET 2021 Result
The details regarding the FTII 2021 result are:
- FTII JET Result will release in the third week of April 2021.
- It will be released in online mode.
- Candidates will have to login to check the result.
- The result will be available at the official portal of FTII.
- Also, the authority will release a separate merit list based on candidates marks scored in the exam.
- The result will be available in the PDF format.
- Moreover, candidates may download the result pdf and keep it for further process.
Note: FTII JET Result PDF download link will be available here.
FTII Reservation Criteira
Candidates can check the FTII JET 2021 reservation policy in the given table:
|Scheduled Castes (SC)||15%|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||7.5%|
|Other Backward Class – Non Creamy Layer (OBC-NCL)||27%|
|Person with Disability (PwD) with 40% disability||5%|
FTII JET 2021 Counselling
The details regarding the FTII 2021 Counselling are:
- FTII JET Counselling will start after the successful declaration of result.
- The counselling process will be conducted at a designated centre.
- The shortlisted candidates will be called for the counselling process.
- The counselling process will consist of a personal interview and orientation.
- Candidate has to participate in all rounds of the counselling process.
FTII JET 2021 Admission
FTII JET Admission process will be different for each institute. The call letter will be sent to the candidate for different admissions rounds of the selection process. It will be sent only to the shortlisted candidates only. Admission procedure will be consisting of various steps such as document verification, fee submission, and much more.
Candidates will also have to visit the University for Final Admission. The candidates selected in the final round will get the admission for the year 2021 in full time regular programme.
In case of any doubts regarding the FTII JET 2021, you may ask us in the comments section.
Note: FTII SRFTI JET 2020 exam was conducted successfully. Candidates can check the FTII JET 2020 Question paper for reference.
Official website of FTII: www.ftii.ac.in