GATE 2021 Exam dates have been released. GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test Engineering. It is conducted by IIT, Bombay. The exam is conducted every year for admission in various PG and Doctorate courses in IITs, etc. However, GATE exam is mainly given by candidates who want to get admission in M.Tech or such master courses after completing their B.Tech or bachelors technical degree. Candidates can check the complete exam schedule for the GATE exam here. For complete details regarding the GATE Exam, candidates may check the complete article.
- 26 July 2020:
- GATE 2021 Exam Dates are announced.
- The exam will be conducted on 05th & 07th February and 12th & 13th February 2021.
- 16 July 2020:
- GATE 2021 Official Website is live from today.
GATE 2021: What’s New
- (IIT) Bombay has announced the dates for GATE Exam. It will be held on 05 & 07 February and 12 & 13 February.
- IIT Bombay has also introduced two new subjects i.e
- Environmental Science and Engineering (ES)
- Humanities and Social Science (XS).
- The total number of subjects in GATE 2021 is now increased to 27 subjects.
- IIT Bombay has also relaxed the exam eligibility criteria for applying students.
- According to the statement by the institute, GATE-2021 Eligibility criteria have been relaxed from minimum 10+2+4 (ongoing) to minimum 10+2+3 (ongoing).
- So, now candidates in the third year of their undergraduate studies will be able to appear for the examination.
- Also, Now students applying for the GATE exam can also opt for two subject papers from the prescribed set of combinations.
GATE 2021 Notification
GATE 2021 Notification has been released. Candidates can check the official notification below:
GATE 2021 Exam Dates
Candidates can check the complete exam sxhedule in the given table:
|Online Application form release||August/ September 2020|
|Application form submission last date||4th week of September 2020|
|Correction Facility||3rd week of October 2020|
|Last date for requesting change of examination city (an additional fee will be applicable)||3rd week of November 2020|
|Admit Card release||1st week of January 2021|
|GATE 2021 Exam date||5 – 7 and 12 – 13 February 2021|
|Result Announcement||3rd week of March 2021|
GATE 2021 Application Form
The details regarding the GATE 2021 Application Form are:
- GATE 2021 Application form will release in August or September 2020.
- The application form will release in online mode.
- Candidates will be able to fill the application form from the official website.
- The authority will provide the correction facility in the third week of October 2020.
- Candidates will be able to fill the form till the fourth week of September 2020.
- The uploading documents should be in the prescribed format only.
- Moreover, candidates are advised to keep a copy of the filled application form for further use.
The details regarding the GATE application fee are:
|Candidate Category||On or before September 21 (in Rs)||During the extended period (in Rs)|
|SC/ST/PwD category candidates||750||1,250|
|All other candidates||1,500||2,000|
Application fee for Foreign Candidates
|Examination Centres||On or before 21 September (in US$)||During the extended period (in US$)|
|Addis Ababa, Colombo, Dhaka, and Kathmandu||$ 50||$ 70|
|Dubai and Singapore||$ 100||$ 120|
GATE 2021 Eligibility Criteria
The details regarding the GATE Eligibility Criteria are:
- Qualification Criteria: The Eligibility criteria is now relaxed from minimum 10+2+4 (ongoing) to minimum 10+2+3 (ongoing).
- Age Limit: There is no such age limit for the exam. Candidate of any age can apply for the exam.
- Nationality: Candidate must be an Indian citizen. Foreign candidates can also apply by fulfiling their eligibility.
GATE 2021 Registration Process
The GATE registration process is given below:
- Visit the official website.
- Register yourself through GOAPS by entering the name, email id and valid mobile number.
- Filling the Application Form:
- After registration, fill all the other details such as personal, academic and qualification details.
- The details should be as per the guidelines in the form.
- Upload Documents:
- Then candidates need to upload the required documents.
- The documents should be in the prescribed format only.
- Pay the application fee:
- Then, the Candidate may pay the application fee.
- The application form can be paid through online mode.
- Submitting the application form:
- After complete process candidate may review the details.
- Then, Candidates may click on submit button for form submission.
The documents required and their specification details are mentioned in the table:
|Passport size photograph||2 kb – 200 kb|
|Signature in running handwriting||2 kb – 150 kb|
|Category Certificate (if applicable)||10 kb – 300 kb|
|PwD Certificate (if applicable)||10 kb – 300 kb|
GATE 2021 Application Correction
The authority will open the correction facility for a stipulated time. Candidates will be able to make the correction in few details only. The official notification regarding the GATE 2021 Application correction facility will be out on the official website. Candidates will be updated with everything in this page.
The details in which the candidate will be able to make changes are mentioned below:
- Candidate’s name
- Date of Birth
- Parent’s name
- Parent’s Mobile Number
- Correspondence Address
- Qualifying Degree Details
- Category/gender/PwD status/Dyslexia
GATE 2021 Exam pattern
The details regarding the GATE 2021 exam pattern are:
- Number of Questions: There will be 65 questions in the exam.
- Total Marks: The paper will be pf 100 marks.
- Exam duration: The paper will be of 03 hours duration.
- Marking Scheme:
- Correct answer: Candidate will get 01 or 02 marks for each correct answer depending on the section.
- Incorrect answer: 1/3rd (For 1 one mark questions) and 2/3rd (For 2 mark questions) marks will be deducted for each wrong answer. There will be no negative marking for Numerical Type Answers (NAT).
Division of Marks:
- General Aptitude: 15% of the total marks
- Engineering Mathematics: 15% of the total marks
- Paper or Discipline opted for by candidate: 70% of the total marks
GATE 2021 Highlights
The overview of GATE Exam is given in the table below:
|Full Form||Graduate Aptitude Test Engineering|
|Exam Level||All India Level|
|Conducting Body||IIT Bombay|
|Exam mode||Computer-Based Mode|
|No. of Papers||25 Papers (Biomedical Engineering is newly added)|
|Number of Test Takers||More than 8 Lakhs (Expected)|
In case of any doubts regarding the GATE 2021 Exam Dates, application form, notification, eligibility and much more, you may ask us in the comments section.
Official website of GATE Exam: www.gate.iitb.ac.in