GCET 2021 will be conducted by the Directorate of Technical Education (DTE), Goa. GCET or Goa Common Entrance Test is a state-level entrance exam conducted every year to offer admission in various professional degree courses. Through this exam, candidates can get admission in various government as well as private colleges of Goa. Candidates are advised to check the eligibility criteria before applying for the exam. The exam will be conducted in offline mode in the first week of May 2021. The admission in MBBS, BDS, BHMS, BAMS, Allied health science and B.Sc in Nursing will be provided through the NEET Exam. Candidates may read the whole article for details regarding the GCET 2021 Examination like dates, application form, eligibility criteria, exam pattern, syllabus etc.
GCET 2021 Notification
The details regarding the Goa CET 2021 Notification are:
- Goa CET Notification will release in January 2021.
- The notification PDF will include all the details regarding the GCET Exam.
GCET 2021 Importnat Dates
The importnat dates regrading the Goa CET 2021 exam are:
|Application form release||Fourth week of February 2021|
|Application submission last date||Fourth week of March 2021|
|Admit card release date||First week of April 2021|
|GCET Exam date||First week of May 2021|
|Answer key availability||Second week of April 2021|
|Result Declaration||Third week of May 2021|
|Counselling starts||Fourth week of May 2021|
GCET 2021 Application Form
Candidates have to fill the application form to apply for the exam. The details regarding the GCET 2021 Application form are:
- GCET 2021 Application form will release in the Fourth week of February 2021.
- The application will be made available in offline mode.
- Candidates can download the application form through the official website.
- Candidates can also get the application form from the application centre.
- Also, Candidates submitting the application form after the last date will have to pay extra Rs. 1500/- along with application fee.
- The GCET application form will only be submitted after payment of the application fee.
The details regarding the GCET application fee are:
- The application fee is Rs. 2000/- for all the categories.
- Candidates can pay the application fee through offline mode via demand draft.
- The demand draft must be drawn in favour of “Director of Technical Education” at Panaji, Goa from any scheduled bank.
How to Fill the GCET 2021 Application Form
Candidates can follow the below mentioned steps to fill the GCET 2021 Apllication form.
- Visit the official website of GCET.
- Then download the application form and take a printout of the form.
- Fill all the required details such as personal, academic as well as qualification details.
- Paste a coloured recent passport-sized photograph on the application form.
- Moreover, Attach the necessary documents with the application form.
- Then candidates may send the application form along with the demand draft to DTE, Goa.
GCET 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must fulfil the eligibility criteria before applying for the exam. The details regarding the GCET eligibility criteria are:
- Nationality: Candidate must be an Indian Citizen.
- Qualification: Candidates must have passed class 12 from a recognized board with science stream.
- Subjects: Candidates must have Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects and any one of Biology, Biotechnology, chemistry and computer science as an optional subject.
- Minimum Marks: Candidates must have minimum 45% marks in their qualifying exam. Also, Candidates belonging to reserved category must have a minimum 40% marks in the qualifying exam.
- Candidates applying for the B.Arch courses must have a valid score in the NATA 2021 exam.
GCET 2021 Exam Pattern
The details regarding the GCET 2021 Exam pattern are:
- Exam Mode: The exam will be conducted in offline mode.
- Duration of Exam: The exam will be of 02 hours duration,
- Total Questions: There will be a total 75 questions in the exam paper.
- Type of Questions: The paper will contain Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs).
- Marking Scheme: Each question will be of 01 marks.
The details regarding the distribution of questions and marks for each subject is given below:
|Subjects||Marks||No. of Questions|
GCET 2021 Syllabus
The details regarding the GCET Syllabus are given below:
- GCET Syllabus will be released by the authority in online mode.
- Candidates will be able to check the syllabus from the official website.
- The syllabus includes the questions from topics of class 12 level.
- Candidates may study the topics of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
- Candidates must go through the complete GCET Syllabus before starting the preparation.
GCET 2021 Preparation Tips
The tips to prepare for the GCET 2021 Exam are:
- Evaluate the complete syllabus.
- Go through the GCET exam pattern.
- Collect the Study material for preparation.
- Make a study plan and prepare accordingly.
- Solve Previous year papers and practice mock tests.
- Make short notes and revise them weekly.
- At last, Keep your mind calm and fresh till the exam.
GCET 2021 Hall Ticket
The details regarding the GCET Hall ticket are:
- GCET Hall ticket will release in the Third week of May 2021.
- The Hall ticket will release in online mode.
- Candidates will be able to download the admit card from the official website.
- Candidates will need to enter the login id and password to download the hall ticket.
- Also, candidates may note that It is mandatory to bring the admit card on the day of the exam.
- Candidates without the admit card will not be allowed to enter the examination hall.
The important instructions regarding the GCET Exam are given below:
- Candidates must reach the examination hall at least 15 prior to the exam.
- No candidate will be allowed to sit for the exam after 30 minutes.
- The candidate will not be allowed to leave the examination hall before the collection of answer sheets.
GCET 2021 Answer key
The details regarding the GCET Answer key are:
- GCET 2021 Answer key will release in the third week of May 2021.
- The answer key will be made available in the online mode.
- Candidates will be able to download the answer key from the official website.
- The answer key will contain the correct answers of the question papers.
- Candidates can evaluate their performance on the basis of the answer key.
- Candidates can also challenge the answer key within the stipulated time.
GCET 2021 Cutoff
GCET 2021 cutoff depends on various factors such as previous year cutoff marks, number of candidates, candidate’s performance etc.
Some of the factors are mentioned below:
- No. of Candidates appeared for the exam
- Number of candidates qualified the exam
- The difficulty of question paper
- Number Of seats
GCET 2021 Result
The details regarding the GCET Result are:
- GCET Result will release in the third week of May 2021.
- The result will release in online mode.
- Candidates will be able to check the result through the official website.
- Candidates will need to enter the login credentials to check the result.
- The authority will release the merit list on the basis of the result.
- Candidates will be called for counselling round on the basis of the merit list.
GCET 2021 Counselling
The details regarding the GCET 2021 Counselling are:
- GCET 2021 Counselling will be conducted in online mode.
- The counselling process will commence after the declaration of the result.
- Candidates will be called for the counselling round on the basis of the merit list.
- Also, Candidates have to bring the original documents with their photocopies for verification of documents.
Documents Required for GCET Admission
The doucments required for the GCET 2021 Admission are given below:
- Recent passport-sized photograph
- Class 12 Certificate
- NEET-UG 2020 result Photocopy
- Residence proof
- Category Certificate
- Date of birth Certificate
- School/college leaving certificate
- Eligibility Certificate from Goa University (for applicants other than Goa Board)
- Income Certificate (for fee concession)
- Aadhaar Card
- GCET Admit Card
- NEET Admit Card
GCET 2021 Highlights
The compplete highlights of the Goa CET exam are:
|Name of Exam||Goa CET or GCET 2021|
|Conducting Body||DTE, Goa|
|Level of Exam||State level|
|Offered Courses||Engineering, Medical & other courses|
|Duration of Exam||02 hours|
Official website: www.dte.goa.gov.in