IGNOU B.Ed 2021 is a national level entrance test conducted by National Test Agency (NTA). NTA conducts this exam on behalf of Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU). The exam is conducted in online mode once a year. The IGNOU B.Ed Entrance Test is conducted for admission in B.Ed Programmes at IGNOU. Candidates who want to pursue their career in the field of teaching can give this exam. Candidates with minimum 50% marks in their Bachelors or Masters degree are eligible to apply for the exam.
IGNOU B.Ed Course course is of minimum 02 years duration. However, candidates can complete the course in duration of 05 years. The medium of instructions for the course is Hindi and English.
For complete details regarding the IGNOU B.Ed 2021 such as exam date, application form, eligibility criteria, syllabus etc, Candidates may read the whole article.
IGNOU B.Ed 2021 Notification
The details regarding the IGNOU B.Ed notification are:
- IGNOU B.Ed 2021 Admission Notification will release in January 2021.
- The notification PDF will include all tthe details regarding the IGNOU B.Ed Exam.
IGNOU B.Ed 2021 Exam Dates
The important IGNOU B.Ed Exam dates are given in the table:
|Application form release date||31 January 2021|
|Last date to apply||29 February 2021|
|Admit Card release date||01 April 2021|
|Exam Date||29 April 2021|
|Answer key Release||May 2021|
|Result release date||10 May 2020|
|Counselling starts||Last week of May 2021|
- The above-mentioned dates are tentative to give a rough idea to the candidate.
- The dates will be updated after the release of the IGNOU B.Ed notification.
IGNOU B.Ed 2021 Application Form
Candidates will have to fill the application form to apply for the IGNOU B.Ed Exam. The details regarding the IGNOU B.Ed Application form are:
- IGNOU B.Ed 2021 Application form will release in January 2021.
- The application form will be available in online mode.
- Candidates will be able to fill the form through the official website.
- Candidates will have to fill the details as per the guidelines.
- Also, Candidates will need to register themselves to fill the application form.
- Moreover, the uploading documents should be in the prescribed format only.
The details regarding the application fee are:
- The application fee is Rs. 600/- only.
- The application fee once paid would not be refunded under any circumstances.
Mode of payment
Candidates can pay the application fee through online mode via Debit Card, Credit Card or net Banking.
How to Apply for IGNOU B.Ed 2021?
The steps to apply for IGNOU B.Ed Exam are given below:
- Visit the official website of IGNOU.
- Then click on Apply Now.
- Enter the basic details to complete the registration.
- Submit the form and note down the registration number.
- Then login using the registration number.
- Fill the complete application form.
- Upload the documents in the prescribed format.
- Pay the application fee in online mode.
- Submit the application form and take a printout.
IGNOU B.Ed 2021 Eligibility Criteria
The details regarding the IGNOU B.Ed eligibility criteria are:
Candidate must have completed bachelors or Masters degree in Sciences/ Social Sciences/ Commerce/ Humanity with minimum 50% marks.
Candidate must have completed a bachelors degree in Engineering or Technology having science and Mathematics with minimum 55% marks.
Note: Candidates belonging SC/SC/ST category will be given relaxation of 05% marks.
Candidates fulfiling the below mentioned criteria are eligible to apply for BEd.
- Candidates must be trained in-service teachers in elementary education.
- Candidate must have completed NCTE Elementary education program through face to face mode.
IGNOU B.Ed 2021 Exam Pattern
The details regarding the IGNOU B.Ed Exam pattern are:
- Exam Mode: The exam will take place in online mode.
- Duration: The exam will be of 02 hours duration.
- Type of Questions: The questions are of MCQ types.
- Total Questions: There will be total 100 questions.
- Total Marks: The paper will be of 100 marks.
- Parts: The paper is divided into two parts.
- Marking Scheme:
- Correct answer – +01 Marks will be awarded.
- Incorrect answer – No marks will be deducted.
The details regarding the distribution of questions and marks are:
|Sections||Topics||No. of Questions||Total Marks|
|Section I||General English Comprehension||10||10|
|Section II||Logical & Analytical Reasoning||20||20|
|Section III||Educational & General Awareness||25||25|
|Section IV||Teaching- Learning & the School||25||25|
IGNOU B.Ed 2021 Admit Card
The details regarding the IGNOU B.Ed 2021 admit card are:
- IGNOU B.Ed Admit Card will release in April 2021.
- The admit card will release in online mode.
- Candidates will be able to download the admit card from the official website.
- Candidates will have to bring a valid ID Proof along with the admit card on the day of exam.
- Without the admit card, no candidate will be allowed to appear for the exam.
IGNOU B.Ed 2021 Exam Centres
The list of IGNOU B.Ed Exam centres is given in the table:
|Guwahati||Naharlagun / Itanagar||Visakhapatnam|
|Manipal / Udipi||Mysuru||Thrissur|
|Ghaziabad||Noida / Gr Noida||Agra|
IGNOU B.Ed 2021 Syllabus
The details regarding the IGNOU B.Ed Syllabus 2021 are:
- English Comprehension:
- Tenses, verbs, sentences, etc.
- Logical and Analytical Reasoning:
- Algebra, series, word problems, etc.
- Educational and General Awareness:
- Questions from topics of science, social science, and general knowledge.
- Teaching- Learning and the School:
- Knowledge of the learning process, classroom training, etc.
- Subject related Topics:
- Topics from class 09 and class 10 syllabus from CBSE and NCERT.
IGNOU B.Ed 2021 Result
The details regarding the IGNOU B.Ed Result are:
- IGNOU B.Ed Result will release in May 2021.
- The result will be released in online mode.
- Candidates will be able to check the result form the official website.
- Candidates will need to login to chec k the result.
- The result will be prepared on the basis of candidates performance in the IGNOU B.Ed Exam.
IGNOU B.Ed 2021 Highlights
The highlights of IGNOU B.Ed Exam re given in the table:
|Exam Name||IGNOU B.Ed 2021|
|Conducting Body||National Test Agency|
|Exam Level||National Level|
|Courses offeres||B.Ed Course|
|Exam Mode||Offline Mode|
|Application Mode||Online mode|
|Exam Duration||02 hours|
Official website: www.ignou.ac.in
In case of any doubts or queries regarding the exam, you may ask us in the comment section.
Also Check: BHU Admission 2021