IIT JAM 2021 Application form last date is 15 October 2021. It will be conducted by one of the IITs. IIT JAM is conducted by the IITs on a rotational basis on behalf of the Ministry of Human Resource Development(MHRD). It is a national level exam for admission in various PG MSc courses such as MSc, MSc PhD, MSc M.tech, MSc PhD dual degree etc. Through this exam, candidates can get admission in various universities of India. Candidates willing to apply for the exam may check the eligibility criteria before filling the application form. Candidates may read the article for complete details regarding the IIT JAM 2021 Exam like dates, eligibility criteria, exam pattern, syllabus etc.
IIT JAM 2021 Notification
The details regarding the IIT JAM 2021 Notification are:
- IIT JAM 2021 Application Form Submission Last date is 15 October 2020.
- Exam Dates are released by IIT Guwahati. The exam will take place on 14 February 2021.
- The IIT JAM notification has been released.
IIT JAM 2021 Important dates
Candidates may check the schedule of IIT JAM exam in the given table:
|Application form release date||10 September 2020|
|Application form Submission last date||15 October 2020|
|Correction facility||Third week, October 2020|
|Admit Card release date||05 January 2021|
|Mock test Availability||January 2021|
|Exam date||14 February 2021|
|Result date||20 March 2021|
|Scorecard||27 March – 31 July 2021|
|Admission form submission||15 – 28 April 2021|
|Declaration of admission list||First week, June 2021|
IIT JAM 2021 Application Form
Candidates have to fill the IIT JAM application form in order to apply for the IIT JAM exam. The IIT JAM application form details are:
- IIT JAM 2021 application form has been released on 10 September 2020.
- The application form is released in online mode on the official website.
- Candidates have to fill the details carefully while filling the application form.
- The last date to fill the application form is 15 October 2020.
- Candidates have to upload the scanned images of documents such as photograph, signature and Category or PwD certificate(if applicable).
- Also, Candidates may note that submission of multiple application forms will lead to rejection of the candidate.
The IIT JAM 2021 application fee has to be paid by the candidates while filling the application form. The application fee details are:
|Category||Fee(One paper)||Fee(Both papers)|
|OBC & General Category||Rs. 1500/-||Rs. 2100/-|
|SC/ST/PwD/Female Candidates||Rs. 750/-||Rs. 1050/-|
- Candidates can pay the IIT JAM application fee through online mode using Debit card, Credit card or Net Banking.
- Application fee once paid, would not be refunded in any circumstances.
IIT JAM 2021 Eligibility Criteria
The Candidates who want to apply for the IIT JAM exam must fulfil the following eligibility requirements before filling the application form:
- Nationality: Candidates belonging to India or any other foreign country can apply for the exam.
- Qualification: Candidates must have a Bachelors degree from a recognized university.
- Marks: Candidates must have at least 55% aggregate marks or 5.5 out of 10 in their qualifying degree. SC/ST or PwD Candidates must have at least 50% aggregate marks or 5.0 out of 10 in their qualifying degree.
- Age Limit: There is no age limit prescribed by the authority.
IIT JAM 2021 Exam Pattern
The candidates must check the exam pattern of IIT JAM before appearing in the exam.
- Exam Mode: The IIT JAM exam will be conducted in Online mode.
- Exam Duration: The candidates will be given 03 hours to complete the exam.
- Total Questions: There will be 60 questions in the exam paper.
- Type of Questions: The questions will be of Multiple Choice(MCQ) and Numerical Type(NAT).
- Language: The exam will be in English language only.
- Total Marks: The exam paper will be of total 100 marks.
- Negative marking: Negative marking will be for Section I only.
- Sections: There will be 03 sections in the exam paper.
|Sections||No. of Questions||Type of Questions||Total Marks|
|Section I||30||MCQ(Multiple Choice)||50|
|Section II||10||MCQ(Multiple Choice)||20|
|Section III||20||NAT(Numerical Answer Type)||30|
IIT JAM 2021 Syllabus
The IIT JAM Syllabus will consist of various topics and chapters from Physics, Mathematics, Chemistry, Biotechnology, Biological Science and Geology etc. Also, Candidates can download the IIT JAM Syllabus PDF from the official website.
The subjectwise important topics of IIT JAM Syllabus is given below:
- Oscillation waves and optics, kinetics theory, mechanics and general properties of matter, mathematical methods, thermodynamics, modern physics, solid-state physics, electricity and mechanism, devices and electronics and modern physics, etc.
- Solid-state, chemical thermodynamics, theory of gases, electrochemistry, spectroscopy, analytical chemistry, adsorption, organic reaction mechanism, basic concept of organic chemistry, natural products chemistry, aromatic, chemical bonding and shapes, and heterocyclic chemistry periodic table, main group elements, bioinorganic chemistry, etc.
- Matrix, sequence and series, calculus, integral calculus, random variables, joint distributions, sampling distributions, estimation, limit theorem, testing of hypothesis, probability, etc.
- General biology, basic biotechnology, biochemistry and physiology, etc.
- Geomorphology, structural geology, the planet earth, palaeontology, economic geology, applied geology, stratigraphy, petrology and mineralogy, etc.
IIT JAM 2021 Preparation Tips
The tips to prepare for IIT JAM exam are given below:
- Go through the complete exam pattern and syllabus.
- Gather complete study material according to the IIT JAM Syllabus.
- Make a complete study plan and follow it.
- Make notes and revise them regularly.
- Solve previous year question papers.
- Moreover, Give mock tests to evaluate the performance.
- At last, keep your mind fresh and calm for the exam.
IIT JAM 2021 Admit Card
Candidates will need the admit card to appear for the exam. The details regarding the admit card are:
- IIT JAM 2021 Admit card will release in the first week of January 2020.
- The admit card will be available in online mode on the official website.
- Candidates have to bring a valid ID proof along with the admit card on the day of the exam.
- Candidates will need to login for downloading the admit card.
- Take a printout of the admit card for further use.
IIT JAM 2021 Answer key
Candidates can evaluate their result with the help of answer key. The details regarding the IIT JAM answer key are:
- IIT JAM 2021 Answer key will release in last week of February.
- The answer key will release in online mode on the official website.
- Candidates can check the correct answers and can also evaluate their marks accordingly.
- Also, Candidates can challenge the answer key within the given time.
- In addition to this, the authority will release the final answer key after the provisional answer key.
IIT JAM 2021 Result
The authority will release the IIT JAM result for admission of shortlisted candidates. The details regarding the result are:
- IIT JAM 2021 result will release in the first week of April 2021.
- The result will be available in online mode on the official website.
- Candidates will have to login using the login credentials(application number and password) to check the result.
- On the basis of the result, merit list will be prepared by the authority.
- On the other hand, the authority will release the AIR(All India Rank) on the basis of IIT JAM result.
IIT JAM 2021 Merit List
The details regarding the IIT JAM 2021 Merit list are:
- IIT JAM 2021 Merit list will release in the third week of March 2021.
- The merit list will release in online mode on the IIT JAM official website.
- The authority will prepare the All India Merit list on the basis of AIR.
- However, the number of candidates in the All India merit list will depend on the total number of seats available for each category.
- Through this merit list, candidates are eligible to apply in all the IITs and IISc.
IIT JAM 2021 Cutoff
Candidates will be selected for the counselling process on the basis of the IIT JAM Cutoff list. The details of the IIT JAM cutoff list are:
- IIT JAM Cutoff list will be released in online mode on the official website.
- The authority will release the Cutoff list after the release of IIT JAM Merit list.
- Candidates will need the minimum cutoff marks in each subject for the admission.
- After the release of the cutoff list, candidates will be called for the counselling.
- The Candidates will be selected by all the participating institutes on the basis of IIT JAM Cutoff list.
IIT JAM 2021 Counselling
Candidates who were shortlisted in the merit list will be called for IIT JAM counselling process. The details regarding the IIT JAM Counselling are:
- IIT JAM 2021 Counselling process will start after the declaration of IIT JAM result.
- The counselling process will take place in online mode through the official website.
- Candidates have to fill an admission form for the counselling process.
- The admission form will release in the second week of April 2021.
- The candidates have to pay Rs. 600/- as admission fee.
- Candidates have to choose their preferred courses, percentage, qualification, category etc.
- Candidates have to bring their original documents as well as photocopies for the counselling
- The authority will do the verification of documents on the day of IIT JAM counselling.
IIT JAM 2021 Highlights
The highlights of the IIT JAM Exam are given below:
|Exam Name||IIT JAM 2021|
|Conducting Body||IIT Guwahati|
|Exam Mode||Online mode|
|Level of Exam||National Level|
|Subjects||Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Biology, Geology|
|Purpose of Exam||For admission in various PG MSc Courses|
|Language of Exam||English|
|Duration of Exam||03 hours|
For more details, visit the IIT JAM 2021 official website.
This year, IIT Guwahati will conduct the IIT JAM 2021 exam. The notification regarding the IIT JAM exam will release on IIT Guwahati official website.
IIT JAM 2021 FAQs
The full form of JAM is Joint Admission Test for MSc.
IIT JAM will be conducted by IIT Guwahati this year.
There is no age limit prescribed by the authority for IIT JAM exam.
Candidates can give any number of attempts for the IIT JAM exam. There is no such restriction prescribed by the authority.
Previously, There was seven subjects in the IIT JAM Exam but from 2020 onwards there are Six subjects in the IIT JAM Exam.
In case of any queries regarding the IIT JAM Exam, you may ask us in the comments section.
iit jam 2021 mathematics syllabus pdf download, iit jam eligibility, iit jam guwahati, iit jam geology syllabus pdf download, iit jam application form, iit jam counselling 2020, iit jam physics, iit jam 2020 mock test.
- IIT Guwahati will release the notification on the official website.
- The notification PDF will include all the important details or information about the IIT JAM Exam.