JEE Advanced 2021 is a national level entrance exam for engineering aspirants. This exam is conducted every year by various IITs on a rotational basis. JEE Advanced exam is organized by the Seven Zonal Coordinating IIT’s under the supervision of the Joint Admission Board (JAB). On the basis of score in JEE advanced, candidates can take admission in Bachelor’s, Integrated Master’s or Bachelor’s Master dual degree course. Only JEE Main 2021 qualified candidates can be eligible to apply for JEE Advanced 2021. Qualified candidates will get admission in Engineering or Architecture courses. Candidates can check all the important information regarding JEE Advanced 2021 such as application form, application fee, eligibility norms, and much more from this article.
JEE Advanced 2021 Notification
The details regarding the JEE Advanced Notification are:
- JEE Advance 2021 Notification will release in April 2021.
- The notification of JEE Advanced Exam will contain all the details and information regarding the exam.
JEE Advanced 2021 Exam Dates
Candidates can check all the important dates related to JEE Advanced exam from the following table:
|Application Form releases||First week of May|
|Last date to submit application form||Second week of May|
|Last date for fee payment||Second week of May|
|Admit card availability||Third week of May|
|JEE Advanced 2021 exam date||Third week of May|
|Response sheet to send to candidates||Fourth week of May|
|Answer key releases||Fourth week of May|
|Objection receive||Fourth week of May|
|JEE Advanced 2021 Result||First week of June|
|Registration for Architecture Aptitude Test (AAT)||Second week of June|
|AAT 2021 Exam date||Second week of June|
|AAT 2021 Result||Second week of June|
|Seat allotment||Third week of June|
|Seat allotment last date||Third week of July|
JEE Advanced 2021 Application Form
Given below are some important details regarding JEE Advanced Application Form:
- JEE Advanced Application form will be available from the first week of May 2021.
- While, candidates can submit the application form till second week of May 2021.
- JEE Advanced 2021 Application Form will be available in online mode only.
- Candidates must have a valid and working email ID & phone number to enter in the application form.
- Candidates have to fill all the asked & required details and can choose exam city according to their preference.
- Any kind of Incomplete or incorrect application form will not be accepted by the authorities
- At last, candidates are advised to print the duly filled application form for further use.
Documents Required during JEE Advanced 2021 Registration:
Candidate are advised to keep the following documents prepared at the time of registration:
- Date of Birth proof (10thcertificate)
- Class 12 or equivalent certificate
- Category certificate (if required)
- PwD certificate (if required)
- PIO/ OCI certificate
JEE Advanced Application Fee:
After filling the details in the JEE Advanced registration form, candidates have to pay the application fee. Candidates from different category can check the JEE Advanced application fee from the table given below:
|Indian national candidate||Fee|
|Female candidate (all category)||Rs. 1300/-|
|SC, ST, PwD candidate||Rs. 1300/-|
|All other candidate||Rs. 2600/-|
|Foreign national candidate||Fee|
|Candidate from SAARC counties||USD 75|
|Candidate from Non- SAARC countries||USD 150|
Mode of Payment:
Application fee can be paid via online as well as offline mode.
- In Online mode, fees can be paid using credit card, debit card, or net banking.
- In Offline mode, fee can be paid using E-challan method of State Bank of India (SBI) bank in Multi Option Payment System (MOPS) Page.
How to Apply for JEE Advanced 2021?
Candidates have to follow the steps given below in order to apply for JEE Advanced 2021:
- Visit the JEE Advanced official website.
- Click on the ‘JEE Advanced 2020’ portal.
- Enter details such as candidate’s name, roll number and security pin.
- Click on ‘Login’ button and enter login details.
- Candidates have to fill information such as personal details, academic detail contact information etc.
- Applicants have to select exam centres, category, number of attempts and language etc.
- After filling all the details, candidates have to upload signature, photograph in the JPG/JPEG format.
- Now candidates have to pay the registration fee which varies as per the candidate’s category.
- Candidates can pay the registration fee via online or offline mode.
- After submission of the fee, candidates are advised to print the registration form for further uses.
JEE Advanced 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Before filling the application form, candidates are advised to check the following eligibility criteria of JEE Advanced 2021 exam:
- Nationality: Indian National (including OCI/ PIO) as well as foreign national category candidates can apply for the examination.
- Qualification: Class 12 Passed/Appearing candidates from any recognized board or University are eligible to apply for the exam.
- Percentage: Interested candidates must have secured at least 75% marks in the qualifying exam (SC/ ST/ PwD candidates must have 65%) to apply for the examination.
- Age Limit: Candidates should have their DOB on or after 01 October 1994. Candidates from reserved category will be given 5 years relaxation.
- No. of Attempts: Candidates can appear in JEE Advanced exam only two times in two consecutive years.
JEE Advanced 2021 Exam Pattern
Candidates can check JEE Advanced Exam Pattern from below:
- Exam mode: Online mode i.e. Computer Based Test.
- Language: English or Hindi language.
- Paper: Two papers i.e. Paper I & Paper II.
- Type of Questions: Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ).
- Duration: 180 minutes i.e. 3 hours.
- Subjects: Three subjects i.e. Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics.
- Marking Scheme: Candidates must check following table for marking scheme of different paper & subjects:
JEE Advanced 2021 Paper I Pattern:
|Subjects||No. of questions||Total no. of marks||Marking (per question)||Negative Marking|
JEE Advanced 2021 Paper II Pattern:
|Subjects||No. of questions||Total no. of marks||Marking (per question)||Negative Marking|
Architecture Aptitude Test Exam pattern:
- Exam Mode: Offline mode i.e. Pen-paper Based Test.
- Questions Type: Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ).
- Duration: 180 minutes i.e. 3 hours.
- Question Language: English language.
- Sections: 3 sections i.e. Mathematics, Aptitude Test, and Drawing test.
- Marking Scheme: Candidates can check number of questions and total marks in each section from the following table:
|Subjects||No. of Questions||Total no. of marks|
JEE Advanced 2021 Syllabus
The syllabus for JEE Advanced for Paper I will be available on the JEE Advanced official website. Questions are generally asked from the following subjects- Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry. Given below are the important topics of the syllabus of JEE Advanced 2021:
JEE Advanced 2021 Syllabus for Paper I:
- Physics: Units & dimensions, Magnetic Field, Electric current, thermal physics, optics, modern physics, etc.
- Mathematics: Algebra, Trigonometry, Probability, Geometry, Integral & differential Calculus, Matrices, analytical geometry etc.
- Chemistry: Physical, Inorganic, and organic chemistry with questions from electrochemistry, oxidation, reduction, ores & minerals, carbohydrates, amino acids, chemical bonding, hydrocarbons etc.
JEE Advanced 2021 Syllabus for Paper II:
Paper-II contains simple drawing containing lines, common domestic, surface texture, furniture, angles, triangles, architecture awareness questions, etc.
Note: Candidates will be able to download the JEE Advanced 2021 Syllabus PDF from the official website. Also, Candidates will be able to download from here as soon as the authority releases.
JEE Advanced Preparation Tips
Interested candidates have to follow the given tips & tricks while preparing for JEE Advanced exam:
- Must prepare a proper time table and study accordingly.
- Solve previous year question and sample paper.
- Check the complete JEE Advanced exam pattern & syllabus.
- Prepare short notes & revise it regularly.
- Take nutritious diet & sleep for proper 8 hours for being fit, healthy & calm.
Best Books For JEE Advanced 2021
The Subject wise book for the JEE Advanced Examination Preparation are:
- Algebra: Higher Algebra by Hall and Knight
- Objective Mathematics for JEE Main & Advanced and Other Engineering Entrance Examinations by R.D. Sharma
- Differential Calculus by A. Das Gupta, etc.
- Concepts of Physics Vol I and II by H.C. Verma
- IIT Physics by D.C. Pandey and Problems in General Physics by I.E. Irodov
- Physical Chemistry – O. P. Tandon.
- Modern Approach to Chemical Calculations – R. C. Mukherjee (for practice)
- Organic Chemistry – M. S. Chauhan
JEE Advanced 2021 Admit Card
JEE Advanced 2021 Admit card will be available via online mode from the third week of May 2021. Candidates have to login at the official website using their login credentials such as application number and DOB/Password to download admit card.
The admit card consists of details like candidates name, roll number, exam date, timing, centre, and all other exam instructions. All the candidates must have to carry admit card at the examination centre with one valid ID proof. Candidates appearing in AAT exam, have to carry the same admit card.
How to Download the JEE Advanced 2021 Admit Card?
Candidates can follow the given below steps to get their JEE Advanced hall ticket 2021:
- Go to the JEE Advanced official website.
- Login using “Registration Number”, “Date of Birth”, “Mobile Number” & “Email ID”.
- Click on “Download Admit Card” button.
- Admit card will appear on the computer screen.
- Candidates are advised to download and print the admit card for future use.
JEE Advanced 2021 Answer Key
After the commencement of exam, authority will release the JEE Advanced 2021 Answer Key in the last week of May 2021. JEE Advanced answer key will be available in online mode at the official website of conducting authority. Authority will release separate answer key for all the sets of the exam.
With the help of answer key, candidates can calculate their expected marks even before the result declaration. Candidates can check answer key for both paper I as well for paper II. It consists of answers of all the questions asked in the question paper.
JEE Advanced 2021 Reservation
The expected category wise reservation for JEE Advanced can be checked from the following table:
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||7.5%|
|Scheduled Castes (SC)||15%|
|Person with Disability (PwD)||5%|
JEE Advanced 2021 Result
JEE Advanced Result will be available from the first week of June 2021. Candidates can check their result from the official website by login using Date of Birth (D.O.B) & application number.
Candidates will be informed about result on their mail ID & contact number provided at the time of registration. Category wise- All India Rank (AIR) of all qualified candidates can be checked via online mode.
JEE Advanced 2021 Cut-off
Cut-off is the minimum marks that candidates must have secured to qualify the examination. The JEE Advanced 2021 cut-off depends on various factors such as number of candidates appearing in the exam, candidates marks in the examination, difficulty level of examination, etc.
Authority will calculate category wise cut-off marks for top 20 percentile which depends on the candidate’s marks. The cut-off for PwD candidates will be the lowest of cut-off among General, OBC-NCL, SC, and ST category. The cut-off for AAT will be released by the Joint Implementation Committee (JIC).
JEE Advanced 2021 Counselling
JEE Advanced 2021 counselling will be conducted after the result and cut off declaration by the authority. Also, JEE Advanced counselling will be conducted by the Joint Seat Allocation Authority (JoSAA).
All the qualified candidates must have to participate in the counselling process. JoSAA allocates seats to many IITs., NIITs, and other Government Funded Technical Institutes (GFTIs) on the basis of candidates marks in the entrance exam.
During the counselling process, candidates will have to select the course in which he/she wants to enrol. IITs are supposed to release courses list for admission at the time of online filling of choices. Candidates have to show various documents required by authorities at the time of counselling.
JEE Advanced Exam Centres
The authority will be organizing the JEE Advanced in various exam centres. Candidates will have to select the exam centre during the registration process. The JEE Advanced exam centres are:
- Delhi (NCR), Jammu & Kashmir, Manipur, Meghalaya, Ethiopia,
- Gujarat, Goa, Karnataka, Maharashtra, Jammu & Kashmir,
- Uttar Pradesh, Andhra Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, Jharkhand, Odisha,
- Rajasthan, Nepal, Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Bihar, Sikkim,
- Tripura, Telangana, Bangladesh, and many more.
- B.Tech – 4 years
- Bachelor of Science – 4 years
- Bachelor of Pharmaceutics – 4 years
- Bachelors of Architecture – 5 years
- Integrated M.Sc (Integrated Master of Science) – 5 years
- Integrated M.Tech (Integrated Master of Technology) – 5 years
- Dual Degree B.S.-M.S. Dual Degree (Bachelor of Science and Master of Science) – 5 years
- Dual Degree M.Pharm. (Integrated Dual Degree Master of Pharmaceutics) – 5 years
- Dual Degree B.Tech.-M.Tech. Dual Degree (Bachelor of Technology and Master of Technology) – 5 years
JEE Advanced 2021 Highlights
The highlights of the JEE Advance Exam are:
|Name of the Exam||JEE Advanced|
|Full Form||Joint Entrance Exam|
|Exam Purpose||For admission in UG and PG courses|
|Exam level||National level|
|Courses offered||Engineering, managament, science|
|Conducting Body||Joint Entrance Examination, IIT Delhi|
|Exam date||To be announced|
|Duration of Exam||03 hours|
In case of any doubts regarding the JEE Advanced 2021 Exam, you may ask us in the comment section.
Official website: www.jeeadv.ac.in
For details regarding the JEE Main 2021 Exam. Click here