JEST 2021 will be conducted by Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB). It is a national level exam which is conducted once a year. Through this admission process, candidates can get admission in PhD and integrated Ph.D. courses in physics or theoretical computer science and or neuroscience or computational biology. Candidates may check the eligibility criteria before filling the application form. For complete details regarding the JEST 2021, candidates may check the given article.
JEST 2021 Notification
JEST 2021 Notification will be released in November 2020. The notification PDf will include all the details regarding the JEST 2021. The candidate may keep checking this website for the latest updates regarding the same.
|Application form release||11 January 2021|
|Application submission last date||2nd week of December 2020|
|Admit card release||4th week of January 2021|
|JEST 2021 exam date||3rd week of February 2021|
|Answer key release||4th week of February 2021|
|Last date to submit objections against the answer key||1st week of March 2021|
|Announcement of Result||4th week of March 2021|
|Interview starts||Month of April 2021|
JEST 2021 Application Form
The details regarding the JEST Application form are:
- JEST 2021 Application form will release in November 2020.
- The application form will be made available in online mode.
- Candidates will be able to fill the form from the official website.
- Fill the details like education, personal, address, communication and etc.
- Upload the documents i.e passport size photograph and signature in the prescribed format.
- Moreover, take a printout of the application form for further process.
The details regarding the application fee are:
|For general category candidates||Rs. 400|
|For SC/ ST/ Female candidates||Rs. 200|
- Candidates can pay the application fee in online mode via:
- debit card
- Credit card
- Net banking
- Note: the application fee once paid, will not be refunded.
JEST 2021 Eligibility Criteria
The details regarding the eligibility criteria are:
- PhD. Physics: Candidates must have a degree in M.Sc. (physics) from any recognized institute.
- Also, some institutes accepts M.Tech/ B.Tech/ M.Sc. / M.E. in applied physics and mathematics.
- PhD in Neuroscience at NBRC: Candidates must have a computer science degree in B.E. / B.Tech. / BCA.
- PhD in Theoretical Computer Science at IMSc: Candidates must have passed M.Tech/ M.E. / MCA/ M/Sc. in science with good mathematical skill and interest in biological problems.
- PhD in Computational Biology at IMSc: Candidates must have an M.Sc. / M.Tech/ M.E. / MCA degree with mathematical skill and a strong interest in biological problems.
- Integrated PhD. Programme in Theoretical Computer Science at IMSc: Candidates must have a B.Tech/ B.E. / B.Sc. / MCA degree in computer science or related disciplines.
- Integrated M.Tech PhD at IIA: Candidates must have an M.Sc. (physics/ applied physics) / post-B.Sc. (Hons.) degree in optics and optoelectronics/ radio physic and electronics.
JEST 2021 Exam Pattern
The details regarding the JEST 2021 Exam pattern are:
- Exam Mode: The exam will take place in offline mode.
- Type of Questions: The exam will contain MCQ Questions.
- Sections: The paper will have three sections i.e A, B and C.
- Time Duration: The paper will be of 03 hours duration.
- Marking Scheme: Part A and Part B will have questions of 03 marks and Part C will have questions of 01 marks each.
- Negative marking:
- Part A: 01 marks will be deducted for each incorrect answer.
- Part B: There is no negative marking.
- Part C: 0.33 marks will be deducted for each incorrect answer.
The details regarding the distribution of questions are:
|Parts||Number of Questions|
JEST 2021 Result
The details regarding the JEST 2021 result are:
- JEST result will release in April 2021.
- Candidates can check the result by entering the login details such as login id and password.
- The result will release in online mode.
- The result card contains name, marks, obtained marks, roll number etc.
JEST 2021 Counselling
The details regarding the JEST Counselling process are:
- The counselling process is organised by different participatted institutes.
- No centralized counselling process will take place.
- Candidates have to seperately report to the counselling institutes in which they want to get admission.
- Candidates are advised to bring the original documents for the counselling process.
- The documents are used to verify the eligibility of the candidate.
Documents Required for the Counselling
The documents required for the JEST Admission counselling procedure are:
- Class 10 and class 12 mark sheet and certificates
- JEST 2021 admit card
- JEST 2021 scorecard
- Migration certificate
- Category certificate
- Passport size photographs
In case of any doubts or queries, you may ask us in the comments section.
Official website: www.jest.org.in
jest 2021 syllabus jest 2021 official website jest 2021 date jest 2020 tifr 2021 jest 2021 registration date jest 2021 application form date tifr gs 2021