NEET 2021 exam is conducted for admission to MBBS courses in various medical colleges all across the country. National Eligibility cum Entrance Test is conducted in offline (pen & paper) mode. National Testing Agency is the main conducting body of NEET 2021. Before 2020-21 some medical institutes like AIIMS and PGIMER conduct separate medical entrance exams for admission in MBBS courses at their institute. But from the 2020 academic session, NEET is considered as the only centralized medical examination for candidates who want to take admission to undergraduate medical programmes, i.e. MBBS and BDS in India. NEET 2021 exam is supposed to be conducted in the first week of May 2021.
Given below are some important details regarding the NEET 2021 Medical exam such as exam dates, application form, eligibility criteria, exam pattern, syllabus, etc.
NEET 2021 Notification
The details regarding the NEET notification are:
- NEET exam notification will release in Ocotober 2020.
- The notification will include all the details regarding the NEET Exam.
NEET 2021 Important Dates
Given below are some important dates related to NEET 2021 entrance exam that candidate must be familiar with.
|Events||Dates 2021 (Tentative)|
|Release of Application||First week of December 2020|
|End of application process||Last week of December 2020|
|Correction window opens||Third week of January 2021|
|Availability of Admit card||Fourth week of March 2021|
|NEET 2021 Exam||First week of May 2021|
|Availability of Answer key||Second week of May 2021|
|Declaration of Result||First week of June 2021|
|Starting of Counselling||Second week of June 2021|
NEET 2021 Application Form
Candidates can check the complete details regarding NEET 2021 Application Form from the below given points:
- NEET 2021 Registration process will be completely carried out in online mode. Any other mode for application has not been provided by NTA.
- If any candidate tries to fill multiple application forms, then the authority will cancel the registration of such candidate.
- Candidates are advised to have a valid email id and mobile number at the time of registration as all the communication or other details will be sent via those medium.
- The application form of NEET 2021 exam includes the following steps – Online registration, application form filling, uploading of scanned photograph and signature, application fee payment and printing of application & fee payment receipt for future use.
- NTA will provide the application form correction facility for candidates who wants to make changes in their application form of NEET exam. The correction window is supposed to be open from the third week of January 2021 to last week of January 2021.
- Candidates are advised to take print of the NEET application form and the registration fee payment receipt for future use.
NEET 2021 Registration Fee
After filling the details in the NEET application form, candidates have to pay the application form fee which vary according to their category as shown below:
|General / OBC category||Rs.1400|
|ST/ SC/ PWD/ Transgender category||Rs.750|
Mode of Payment:
NEET 2021 registration Fee can be paid in both Online and offline mode as described below:
- For online mode, the fee can be paid via debit/ credit card or net banking method.
- For offline mode, the candidate has to pay the registration fee through SBI E-challan facility at any SBI branch.
NEET 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Before applying for the NEET exam, candidates must check the eligibility criteria set by the National Testing Agency (NTA). Only eligible candidates are allowed to appear in the online NEET examination. Given below are the eligibility criteria that candidate must fulfil:
- Indian Nationals/ PIO/ NRIs/ OCI/ Foreign nationals candidates can apply for NEET exam as per the framed regulations.
- Foreign applicants have to confirm their eligibility clauses from respective Medical or Dental College of the state.
- Jammu and Kashmir migrants can apply under the 15% All India Quota only through self-declaration basis.
- Interested candidates must have completed 17 years of age on or before 31 December of the admission year.
- NTA has not described any upper age limit to apply for NEET.
- Candidates can attempt the NEET exam any number of times.
- Qualifying Exam: Candidates who have passed/appeared in class 12 exam or its equivalent from a recognized board or university can apply.
- Qualifying Subjects: Interested applicants must have Physics, Chemistry, Biology/ Biotechnology and English as mandatory subjects in class 12.
- Minimum Marks: Candidates must have an overall of 50% marks in PCB. While unreserved/ ST/SC/OBC category candidates should have 40% marks and for PWD candidates, 45% marks is compulsory.
- Foreign nationals: Candidates from abroad who wants to take admission in medical colleges of India should have passed class 12 level with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/ Biotechnology & English subjects with minimum of 50% marks form institute recognized by AIU as per MCI regulations.
NEET 2021 Exam Pattern
Candidates can check about the NEET Exam pattern from the below given section:
- Mode of Paper: Offline i.e. Pen and paper mode.
- Language: NEET exam is conducted in multiple languages – English, Hindi, Gujarati, Tamil, Assamese, Marathi, Odia, Telugu, Bengali, Urdu and Kannada.
- Time Duration: 180 minutes i.e. 03 hours
- Type of Questions: Objective type of questions.
- Number of questions: 180 questions
- Total Marks: 720 marks.
- Marking Scheme: 4 marks for each correct answer.
- Negative Marking: 1 mark will be deducted. For each incorrect answer
Given below is the questions and marks distribution for NEET 2021 paper
|Subjects||Number of Questions||Marks|
|Biology (Botany or zoology)||90 (45 – 45 each)||360|
|Total||180 questions||720 marks|
NEET 2021 Syllabus
The syllabus of the NEET entrance exam mainly consist of questions from Physics, Chemistry, Biology (Zoology and Botany). The whole question paper is designed on the basis of topics studied in class 11 as well as 12 NCERT and CBSE syllabus. Given below is the subject-wise important topics from which questions are generally asked in NEET entrance exam:
NEET Physics Syllabus
The importnat topics of NEET Physics are:
|Physical World and Measurement||Electrostatics||Kinematics|
|Current Electricity||Laws of Motion||Magnetic Effects of Current and Magnetism|
|Work, Energy, and Power||Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Currents||Motion of System of Particles and Rigid Body|
|Properties of Bulk Matter||Dual Nature of Matter and Radiation||Thermodynamics, Oscillations and Waves|
|Atoms and Nuclei||Behaviour of Perfect Gas and Kinetic Theory||Electronic Devices|
NEET Chemistry Syllabus
The important topics of NEET Chemistry are:
|Solutions||Classification of Elements and Periodicity in Properties||Electrochemistry|
|Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure||Chemical Kinetics||States of Matter: Gases and Liquids|
|Surface Chemistry||Thermodynamics||General Principles and Processes of Isolation of Elements|
|Equilibrium||p-Block Elements||Redox Reactions|
|d and f Block Elements||Hydrogen||Coordination Compounds|
|s-Block Element (Alkali and Alkaline earth metals)||Haloalkanes and Haloarenes||Some p-Block Elements|
|Alcohols, Phenols and Ethers||Organic Chemistry – Some Basic Principles and Techniques||Aldehydes, Ketones and Carboxylic Acids|
|Hydrocarbons||Organic Compounds Containing Nitrogen||Environmental Chemistry|
|Biomolecules, Polymers and Chemistry in Everyday Life||–||–|
NEET Biology Syllabus
The important topics of NEET Biology are:
|Genetics and Evolution||Plant Physiology||Cell Structure and Function|
|Ecology and Environment||Reproduction||Diversity in Living World|
|Reproduction||Human Physiology||Biology and Human Welfare|
|Biotechnology and Its Applications||Structural Organization in Animals and Plants|
NEET 2021 Preparation Tips
NEET is considered as one of the most challenging exams for medical aspirants. Thus, candidates have to follow a proper schedule and study plan to score well in the examination. Given below are some preparation tips that will definitely help candidates in scoring well in NEET exam:
- Candidate must have complete knowledge about NEET syllabus and exam pattern along with the marking pattern of the exam.
- Make a proper study plan and prepare accordingly.
- Must solve sample papers and previous year question paper to analyze the preparation standard needed for the exam.
- Must refer to the good source of study material to cover the NEET syllabus.
- Prepare notes and write down all the important points.
NEET 2021 Admit Card
Successfully registered candidates can download NEET admit card from the fourth week of March 2021. Such candidates can download NEET Hall ticket in online mode from NTA website. Authority will not send the admit card to the students via post or any other mode
How to Download NEET 2021 Admit Card?
- Visit the NTA NEET official website – ntaneet.nic.in
- Click on tab displaying ‘NEET 2021 Admit Card’.
- Enter Application Number, Date of Birth, Security Pin, and click on the ‘Submit’ button.
- NEET 2021 Admit Card will appear on the screen.
- Candidates are advised to download and print the NEET Admit Card for future use.
NEET 2021 Answer Key
NTA will release NEET answer key in the second week of May 2021. Answer key of NEET exam will be published in online mode from the website. Authority will first release the provisional answer key. Candidates can download the answer key along with their OMR answer sheets. If any mistake is found in the answer key, then students can make challenges against the answer key.
For challenging the provisional answer key, candidates have to pay sum of Rs.1000 as processing fee for each question in online mode. If the challenge made by candidate will be found true, authority will refund the processing fees of that candidate. After this, NTA will release the final answer key on the website.
How to check the NEET 2021 Answer Key?
The steps to check the NEET 2020 Answer key are:
- Visit the official website of NEET 2021 exam.
- Click on ‘Candidate Login’ tab appearing on the left side of the page
- Enter NEET 2021 Registration Number and Password.
- The answer key will appear on the screen.
- Candidates are advised to download it for future use.
NEET 2021 Cut Off
For admission in MBBS and BDS programme, candidates must need to score the minimum marks. NEET Cut Off is decided by following factors – difficulty level of the exam, number of test takers, performance of the students in the test, etc. The cut off will be released along with the NEET 2021 entrance exam result or after that.
The expected cut off marks of NEET 2021 as per the latest trends for general candidates is 50% marks, while it is 45% marks for PH candidates and 40% for candidates belonging to reserved category.
NEET 2021 Result
Candidates have to login using his/her Roll number & date of birth to check NEET 2021 Result. NTA will release the result in online mode in the first week of June 2021. The result is declared on the basis of answer key released by the authority. Candidates will be able to check the result from the official website.
How to check NEET 2021 Result?
NTA will release the NEET 2021 Result after the final answer keys have been published. Candidates can follow the steps given below to download the NEET exam result:
- Visit the NEET official website i.e. ntaneet.nic.in
- In the online services tab, click on NEET Result tab
- Enter the asked details such as – Roll number, Date of Birth, Security Pin, and then click on the submit button.
- Download NEET 2021 Scorecard for future use.
NEET 2021 Merit List
Once the exam results are out, NTA will release NEET merit list in online mode on the website. The merit list will be prepared as per the directions of DGHS, DCI and MCI. Candidate’s admission in MBBS and BDS courses will be done on the basis of AII India Rank.
A merit list will be displayed by NTA and it shows the name of shortlisted candidates who have opted for 15% All India quota seats.
NEET 2021 Reservation
Admission in various courses through NEET 2021 exam is provided on the basis of reservation policy and the rules and regulations prescribed by the Government. The seat reservation criteria for various government medical colleges under 15% All India quota will be:
NEET 2021 Counselling
Shortlisted candidates have to attend the NEET Counselling which is supposed to be started in the second week of June 2021 through online mode. The counselling of NEET is organized by MOHFW (Ministry of Health & Family Welfare) and MCC (Medical Counselling Committee). MCC organised centralized counselling every year for the NEET qualified candidates.
In the counselling process, candidates have to make choice and lock it, allotment of seat and report at the allotted college. Moreover, Candidates have to submit their original /photocopies of documents or certificates in the counselling. These documents are listed below:
- 10th & 12th Passing Certificate
- Mark Sheets
- NEET Rank Card/ Rank Letter
- NEET Admit Card
- Provisional Allotment Letter
- Category Certificate (If Applicable)
- Passport size photograph
- Birth Certificate
- Identity Proof, etc.
Official Website: www.ntaneet.nic.in
For details regarding the JEE Main 2021, click here
neet 2021 chapter wise weightage, best books for neet 2021, is ncert enough for neet 2021, online courses for neet 2021, how to score 700+ in neet 2021