NEST 2021 exam is conducted to offer admission in the 5 years integrated MSc programme in Biological, Mathematical, Chemical, and Physical Science. NEST or National level Screening Test is a National level entrance examination. The NEST 2021 exam will be conducted by the NISER, Bhubaneshwar and UM-DAE CEBS Mumbai jointly. Qualified candidates will get admission in various participating institutes. The exam will be conducted in 90 cities all over India. Interested candidates can check all the important details related to NEST 2021 such as its application form, registration fee, eligibility, exam pattern, syllabus etc. from this article.
NEST 2021 Notification
The details regarding the NEST 2021 notification are:
- NEST 2021 notification will release in the month of January.
- The notification will include all the details regarding the NEST Exam.
NEST 2021 Important Dates
Candidates must check the important NEST Exam dates from the following table:
|Application process starts||First week of January 2021|
|Last date to submit application form||Third week of March 2021|
|Admit card download||Fourth week of April 2021|
|NEST 2021 Exam||Third week of June 2021|
|Result declaration||Third week of June 2021|
|Counselling process starts||Fourth week of June 2021|
NEST 2021 Application Form
Candidates must check the following information regarding the NEST Application Form:
- NEST 2021 application form can be filled from the first week of January 2021.
- The NEST application form will release in online mode only.
- Candidates will be able to fill the application form from the official website.
- The last date to fill the application form will be in the third week of March 2021.
- After filling all the details asked in the NEST application form, candidates have to upload passport size photograph & signature in the prescribed format.
- Candidate must have a valid and working email ID and phone number to fill the application form.
- Candidates can choose the exam city according to their preference.
- At last, candidates may take a print of the duly filled application form for further use.
Documents Required to fill the Nest 2021 Application form
The documents required to fill the NEST Application form 2021 are:
- A Valid email address.
- Valid Mobile number.
- Digital copy of recent passport size photograph (size limit: 80 kb)
- Scanned copy of signature (size limit: 80 kb)
- class 10th and class 12th mark sheets
- Category certificate (if applicable)
After filling details in the application form, candidate have to pay the application fee which varies as per the candidate’s category. Given below is the category-wise registration fee for NEST Exam:
|General & OBC male candidates||Rs. 1200|
|female category, SC/ST and PwD candidate||Rs. 600|
Mode of Payment:
Candidates can pay the NEST 2021 application fee through online mode via credit card, debit card, or net banking.
How to Apply for NEST 2021?
Candidates have to follow the steps given below to fill NEST 2021 Application form:
- Go to the NEST official website.
- Click on the tab displaying “Online Application Tab”.
- First, register to fill the NEST application form.
- Enter all the asked details and click on the “Register” button.
- After that, the authority will send the user ID & password on the registered mobile number.
- Login at the official website using user name & password.
- Fill the application form by entering personal details such as candidate’s name, date of birth, gender etc. along with the mobile number, email ID, address, etc.
- After filling all the details select city/ town for exam city preference.
- Candidates have to upload passport size photograph & scanned image of signature in the prescribed format and size.
- Applicants have to pay the Application Fee.
- After fee payment, click on ‘I Agree’ & then ‘Submit’.
- At last, candidates are advised to print the application form for further admission process.
NEST Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must check the NEST 2021 Eligibility norms before filling the application form. Given below are some parameters describing the eligibility of NEST examination 2021:
- Qualifying exam: Candidates must passed/appearing in class 12 examination from any recognized board or university.
- Mandatory Subject: Interested applicants must have Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Mathematics as compulsory subjects in the qualifying examination to apply for the exam.
- Percentage: Candidates from General category must have a minimum score of 60% marks while reserved category candidates must have 55% in the qualifying exam to appear in the exam.
- Age Limit: General & OBC category must be born on or after 01 August 2000. Candidates belonging to SC/ ST category will be given 5 years of relaxation.
NEST 2021 Exam Pattern
Candidates must go through following details regarding NEST Exam Pattern:
- Exam Mode: Online mode i.e. Computer-based Test.
- Time Duration: 180 minutes i.e. 3 hours time duration.
- Questions Type: Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ).
- Total marks: Total 230 marks.
- Sections: Exam consists of following five sections- General section, Section 2 consists of questions from Biology, Section 3 is of Chemistry, Section 4 has questions from Mathematics subjects, and Section 5 has Physics related questions.
- Attempts: Candidates will be provided a choice attempt any other 3 sections after attempting the first section.
Candidates can check the marking scheme for various sections from the following table:
NEST 2021 Syllabus
NEST Syllabus consists of topics from NCERT/ CBSE science syllabus of class 11 and 12. Candidates can check the NEST syllabus in online mode from the official website of exam conducting authority. The question paper consists of questions from the following sections- General section, Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics, and Biology subjects.
Questions are mainly designed to test candidates’ ability, to know quantitative ability, along with qualitative aspects. Candidate’s aptitude related to topics of science will be also tested.
Candidates must go through the complete syllabus before starting the preparation.
NEST 2021 Preparation Tips
Candidates must go through following tips & tricks while applying for NEST 2021:
- Evaluate the whole syllabus and exam pattern of the Nest exam.
- Candidate must make a proper time table and study accordingly.
- Practise previous year question paper and sample papers to know about the question paper design.
- Make notes and study from it on a regular basis.
- Applicants are advised to take proper diet and sleep yourself fit & healthy.
NEST 2021 Admit Card
NEST 2021 Admit Card will be made available from fourth week of April 2021 via online mode. Candidates will be able to download the admit card from the official website. Candidates have to login using their login credentials to download the NEST admit card. Authority will not send the admit card via any other mode such as post or courier.
All the candidates must have to carry admit card along with one valid ID proof at the allotted examination centre. Candidates will not be allowed to appear in the examination without admit card & valid ID proof.
How to Download NEST 2021 Admit Card?
Candidates can download the NEST 2021 Admit card by following the given below steps:
- Visit the NEST official link.
- Click on the link to download “NEST 2021” and log in using User ID and Password.
- Click on ‘Login’ button after submitting the login credentials.
- A new tab with ‘Admit Card’ will open on the screen.
- Click on the ‘Admit Card’ tab.
- NEST 2021 exam admit card will appear on the screen.
- Candidates have to download and print it for further use.
NEST 2021 Answer Key
NEST Answer Key will get published in the month of June 2021. Candidates can check the official answer key from the official website of exam conducting authority via online mode. Answer key contains correct answers of all the questions asked in the exam. Candidates can calculate their expected marks to be scored in the examination through this answer key even before the result declaration.
Candidates have to enter their roll number & date of birth to download the answer key. Authority will release the answer key in two sets as SET A & SET B.
Authority will also provide the facility to challenge the answer key. After considering all the challenges raised by students, exam conducting authority will release the final answer key.
NEST 2021 Cut-off
NEST Cut-off can be checked via online mode. Also, NEST Cut-off is the minimum marks that candidates must secured to qualify the examination. Cut off depends on various factors such as number of students participated for the examination, difficulty level of the exam, previous year cut-off trend etc.
However, the expected cut-off for the NEST 2021 exam as per the previous year trend for various categories will be as:
NEST 2021 Result
NEST Result will be declared in the month of June 2021. Authority will release the result via online mode at the official website. Candidates have to enter their user ID & password to check their result & scorecard.
NEST 2021 scorecard consists of all the details related to the candidate and his/her performance in the exam such as the candidate’s name, date of birth, exam date, score, rank, photograph & much more. Candidate must have to score 90 marks out of 180 which is 50% to qualify the examination.
How to Check NEST 2021 Result
Candidates have to follow the given below steps to check NEST 2021 Results:
- Open the NEST official website.
- Click on “NEST 2021 Result” link.
- Enter “Roll Number” & “Date of Birth” OR “Application Number” & “Date of Birth” to log in.
- Click on the “Go” button to check the result.
- Candidates are advised to take the print of it for future use.
Qualified candidates will have to attend the counselling process conducted by various participating institutes for admission.
NEST 2021 Counselling
NEST counselling process will be conducted after result declaration in offline mode. The counselling process consists of various rounds that all will be important for candidates for their selection in institutes. In counselling, candidates have to bring their original & photocopy of documents while attending the counselling for verification & submission.
All the qualified candidates must have to participate in the counselling process. The admission will be offered only after the counselling session. Such candidates have to appear at NISER and UM-DAE-CBS campuses separately at the time period for counselling.
Documents Required for NEST 2021 Counselling
Candidates have to carry the following documents at the time of counselling:
- Class 10th& 12th Certificate
- 10th& 12thMarksheet
- NEST 2021 Admit Card
- Passport size photographs
- Disability certificate (if required)
- Caste certificate
- Valid photo ID proof
- NEST 2021 Score card
- Provisional call letter
NEST Exam Related Important Instruction
Candidates are advised to go through the following exam day instructions:
- Candidates will be provided the facility to select the five exam centres while filling the application form.
- Final examination centre will be mentioned on the NEST admit card.
- Candidates are advised to reach the exam centre half an hour before the exam commencement time which can be checked from the admit card.
- No candidates will be allowed to enter the exam hall after half an hour of the commencement of examination.
- Log tables and calculators will not be allowed in the exam hall.
- Candidates must carry their own pen, pencil (HB), eraser and sharpener.
NEST 2021 Exam Centres
The details regarding the NEST Exam Centres 2021 are:
- There is a total of 90 exam cities that have been allotted as the NEST exam centres.
- The NEST exam centre is the place where candidates will have to appear for the exam.
- Candidates can select the NEST exam centres while filling the form according to their choice.
- Candidates can choose up to 05 exam centres of their preference.
Courses Offered – Session 2021
The NEST Exam offers 05 yesrs MSc course in the following branches:
- Physical Science.
- Chemical Science.
- Biological Science
- Mathematic Science.
NEST 2021 Seat Intake
The details regarding the NEST exam Seat Intake are:
|Category||Seats for NISER||Seats for UM-DAE CEBS|
|OBC (Non-Creamy Layer)||54||15|
|Divyangjan||05% seats in each category||05% seats in each category|
NEST Question Papers
The details regaridng the NEST question papaers are:
- NEST previous year question papers are available on the official website of NEST exam.
- Also, Candidates are advised to solve the previous year sample papers or question papers for better preparation.
- practising the papers will help candidates in understanding the exam more clearly and enhancing their speed.
NEST 2021 Highlights
The highlisghts of NEST 2021 exam are given below:
|Exam Name||NEST 2021|
|Full Form||National Entrance Screening Test|
|Exam level||National level|
|Conducting Body||National Institute of Science Education and Research (NISER) & UM–DAE CEBS|
|Purpose of Exam||To offer admission in 05 year MSc Course.|
|Exam Mode||Online mode – CBT(Computer Based Test)|
|Exam Duration||03 hours 30 minutes|
Official website: www.nestexam.in
In case of any questions, candidates can ask us in the comment section. Moreover, Keep visiting the website for information and queries regarding exam, colleges, admission, jobs and career.
FAQs ( Frequently asked Questions)
The registration process will start in first week of january 2021.
Candidate must have a minimum of 60% marks in their class 12 to apply for the exam.
No, the authority does not provide the correction facility for the NEST Exam.
NEST Exam is a little bit tougher than JEE Mains but the JEE Advance is more tougher than NEST Exam.
nest eligibility, registration for nest 2020, nest net in, itm nest 2020, nest exam pattern, nest fee structure, nest candidate login, nest hall ticket.