Rajasthan RAS 2020 is a civil services exam conducted by Rajasthan Public service commission (RPSC). It is a state-level recruitment exam for the vacancies in Rajasthan Administrative Services(Rajasthan RAS (PCS) 2020). Through this exam, aspirants can get recruited for the post of civil services in the Rajasthan State. Candidates must check the eligibility set by the RPSC before applying for the RAS exam. However, the notification will release in April/May 2020 containing all the details regarding the exam. Candidates may read the whole article for details regarding the RPSC RAS such as Notification, Eligibility, Application form, Exam Pattern and Syllabus, Old Question Papers, Study Material, etc.
RAS 2020 Notification
- RPSC RAS Notification has been postponed to August 2020 due to COVID-19.
- The notification was expected to be released in April 2020.
- According to the latest updates, the notification will release in July 2020.
- RAS 2020 Notification PDF will be available here soon.
RAS 2020 Important Details
The details regarding the important RAS exam dates are:
|Official notification release||August 2020|
|Application release date||August 2020|
|Application submission last date||October 2020|
|Fee Payment last date||October 2020|
|Admit card release date||November 2020|
|RAS Exam date||October 2020|
|Result declaration||November 2020|
RAS Application Form 2020
Candidates have to fill the application form in order to apply for the RAS exam. The details regarding the RAS application form are:
- RAS application form will release in the online mode.
- Candidates can fill the application form through the official website of RPSC i.e ” rpsconline.rajasthan.gov.in “.
- Candidates have to fill the details such as personal details, academic details and qualification details.
- The candidates may fill the details correctly as there will be no correction window for correction in the application form.
- The candidates will have to pay the application fee for submission of the application form.
- After submission of the application form, Candidates may save a copy of filled application form for further use.
Candidates have to pay the application fee in order to complete submission of the application form. The details regarding the RAS application fee are:
|General Candidates||Rs. 250/-|
|OBC Candidates||Rs. 150/-|
|SC/ST Candidates||Rs. 50/-|
Mode of Payment: Candidates have to pay the application fee in online mode via:
- Debit card
- Credit card
- Net Banking
RAS Eligibility Criteria 2020
Candidates may fulfil the eligibility criteria before filling the application form. The details regarding the RAS eligibility criteria are:
Nationality: Candidates must be a citizen of India.
Qualification: Candidates must have completed the graduation in any stream from any recognized Institute or University.
Number of Attempts: There is no limit to attempts for the RAS exam by the authority.
- The candidate’s age must fall in between 21 years and 40 years.
- There will be no age limit for the divorcee and widow (women) candidates.
Age Relaxation Criteria
- Female Candidates of SC, ST, OBC and SBC category will get uper age relaxation of 10 years.
- Male Candidates of SC, ST, OBC and SBC Candidates will get pper age relaxation of 05 years.
- General category candidates of PwD category will get upper age relaxation of 10 years.
- OBC and SBC candidates of PwD category will get age relaxation of 13 years.
- SC/ ST Candidates of PwD Category will get age relaxation of 15 years.
How to Apply for RAS 2020?
Candidates have to fill the RAS application form to apply online for the exam. The procedure to apply for the RAS exam is given below:
- Firstly, Visit the official website of RPSC.
- Then on the SSO portal, Click on the the “Recruitment portal”.
- Candidates have to then register themselves.
- After registration candidates have to fill al the required details in the application form.
- Then, Upload the required documents and pay the application fee.
- After paying the application fee, candidates may submit the form.
- It is advised to take a printout of the filled application form for further use.
RAS Exam Pattern 2020
The details regarding the RAS exam pattern are given below:
- The RAS exam is divided into three different stages i.e
- RAS Pre (Preliminary)
- RAS Mains
- Interview/Viva-voice/Personality Test
- The candidates have to clear each stage to appear in the next stage of the RAS exam.
- The details regarding the exam pattern of RAS Pre and Mains exam are:
RAS Pre Exam Pattern
- Exam Mode: The exam will be conducted in Offline mode.
- Number of Papers: There will be only One paper for Pre exam.
- Subjects: General Knowledge and General Science.
- Duration: The exam duration is of 03 hours.
- Number of Questions: There will be a total 150 questions in the paper.
- Type of Questions: The questions will be of Objective Type (MCQs).
- Maximum Marks: The paper will be of total 200 Marks.
- Negative Marking: For each incorrect answer, 0.33 marks will be deducted.
RAS Mains Exam Pattern
- Exam Mode: The Main exam will be conducted in Offline mode.
- Number of Papers: There will be Four papers for Mains Exam.
- Exam Subjects: General studies-I, General Studies-II, General Studies-III, General Hindi and General English language.
- Duration: The exam duration for each paper is 03 hours.
- Type of Questions: The paper will contain Essay/Descriptive Type Questions. Also, The paper will contain short medium and long answer questions.
- Maximum Marks: Each paper will be of 200 Marks.
RAS Syllabus 2020
Candidates may go through the RAS 2020 Syllabus before preparation of the exam. The syllabus is different for RAS Pre Exam and RAS Mains exam. The details regarding the RAS Syllabus for both the exams are:
RAS Pre Exam Syllabus
The details regarding the RAS Pre exam syllabus are:
- Indian History – Ancient, Medieval and Modern
- History, Culture, Art, Literature, Tradition and Heritage of Rajasthan
- Geography of Rajasthan
- Administrative and Political System of Rajasthan
- Indian Constitution, Political System and Governance
- Indian Economy and Basic Economic Concepts
- Economy of Rajasthan
- Science and Technology
- Indian and World Geography
- Reasoning and Mental Ability
- Current Affairs – Rajasthan
- Current Affairs – events of national and international importance.
RAS Mains Exam Syllabus
The details regarding the RAS Mains exam syllabus are:
- Sociology and Management
- Accounting and Auditing
- Administrative Ethics
- General Science and Technology
- Earth Science
- Sports and Yoga
- Behaviour and Law
- Indian Political System, World Politics and Current Affairs.
- Concepts, Issues and dynamics of Public Administration and Management.
General Hindi and General English
- For General Hindi: Hindi Grammar and its usage, Translation, Comprehension and letter writing.
- For General English: English Grammar and its usage, precis, Translation, Comprehension and letter writing.
The RAS 2020 Syllabus PDF download link will be provided here.
RAS 2020 Books
The best RAS 2020 books for preparation of the exam are:
- History of Rajasthan by Gopinath Sharma
- Geography by Dr L.R Bhalla
- Political Science and Administrative System of Rajasthan by Rajendra Meena and Rajendra Pensiya
The above mentioned RPSC RAS Books are the one of the best books. Candidates can refer these RAS Exam books for their preparation.
RAS Admit card
The details regarding the RPSC RAS admit card are:
- RAS Admit card will release in online mode.
- RPSC will release the admit card of both prelims and main exam on the official website.
- Candidates have to enter their registration number and date of birth to view or download the admit card.
- RPSC RAS admit card will contain the details such as Candidates name, address, roll number, exam date, venue of exam and some other details.
- Candidates are advised to take multiple printouts of RAS admit card for safety and further use.
- In case of any mistakes in the RAS admit card, candidates may contact the authority immediately.
RAS Result 2020
The details regarding the RAS Result are:
- RAS Result will be released in online mode.
- Candidates will be able to check the result through the official website.
- The authority will release the result of prelim and main exam separatley.
- Candidates should have a good result in both the exams for selection.
- After clearing the RAS Main result, Candidates will be called for the Personal Interview.
The details regarding the RAS Personal Interview is given below:
- RAS Interview will be conducted as a third Step By the Authority.
- The interview will be of 100 Marks.
- Candidates after clearing the RAS Main exam can participate in the Interview process.
- The authority will invite the shortlisted candidates on the basis of their Main exam result.
- Final selection will be done on the basis of the overall performance of the candidate.
Note: The RAS Salary details are yet to be released by the authorities.
RAS Vacancy 2020
The details regarding the RAS Vacancy 2020 are given below:
- RPSC releases recruitment notification for various Vacancies for Rajasthan Administrative Services(RAS).
- This exam is conducted to fill all the Group-A and Group-B vacancies.
- Also, there are many new vacancies compared to last year’s notification of RAS Vacancy 2019.
- Candidates can apply for different vacancies for recruitment through RAS exam.
The group A and Group B Vacancies for which the exam is conducted are mentioned below:
RPSC RAS State Services
|RAS: Rajasthan Administrative Services||RPS: Rajasthan Police Services|
|Rajasthan Account Services||Rajasthan Industry Service|
|RSIS: Rajasthan State Insurance Service||RCS: Rajasthan Cooperative Services|
|Rajasthan Commercial Tax Service||Rajasthan Jail Services|
|RPS: Rajasthan Planning Service||Rajasthan Women and Child Development|
|Rajasthan Fertilizer and Civil Supplies||RRDS: Rajasthan Rural Development Service|
|RWD: Rajasthan Women Development||Rajasthan Minority Service|
|Rajasthan Excise (General)||RE: Rajasthan Excise (Preventive Force)|
RPSC RAS Subordinate Services
|RISS: Rajasthan Industry Subordinate Services||Tehsildar|
|Rajasthan Planning Subordinate Services||Rajasthan Temple Subordinate Service|
|RESS: Rajasthan Excise Subordinate Service||Rajasthan Commercial Subordinate Service|
|Rajasthan Ferticilizer and Civil Supplies Supplies Subordinate Service||Jail Welfare Officer|
|Rajasthan Women and Child Development Subordinate||Rajasthan Cooperate Subordinate Services|
|Social Welfare Officer||RPO: Rajasthan Programme Officeer|
|District Minority Welfare Officer||Rajasthan Labour Welfare Subordinate Service|
RPSC RAS Highlights
The highlights of RPSC RAS 2020 exam are given in the table below:
|Exam Name||Rajasthan Administrative Services (RAS) exam.|
|Conducting Body||Rajasthan Pubmic Service Comission|
|Level of Exam||State level|
|Mode of Exam||Offline mode|
|Duartion of Exam||03 hours|
|Language||English and Hindi|
|Purpose of Exam||To recruit candidates for state and subordinate services of Rajasthan|
Schedule of RAS Exam
The details regarding the RAS Exam 2020, 2019, 2018 are given in the table below:
|Events||RAS Exam 2018||Exam 2019||RAS Exam 2020|
|Notification date||12 April 2018||July 2019||April/May 2020|
|Application Last date to apply||11 May 2018||August 2020||May 2020|
|Vacancies||980||980||To be announced|
|RAS Pre Exam||05 August 2018||September 2019||June 2020|
|RAS Main Exam||25 – 26 June 2019||October 2019||July 2020|
|RAS Admit Card||August 2020||September 2019||June 2020|
|RAS Result||July 2020||—||—|
RAS Pre 2018 question paper PDF: Candidates can download the RAS Pre question paper PDF from here.
Moreover, keep visiting Entrancegyan for latest updates and information.Candidate may check the details of Notification, Eligibility, Application form, Exam Pattern and Syllabus, question paper etc in the above article.
RPSC RAS is a state level Civil cervices exam for rajasthan state.
RAS Full Form is Rajasthan Administrative Services.
Candidates must be a graduate from a recognized board or university.
Candidates age should be in between 21 – 40 years as on 01 January of the exam year.
IAS is Indian Administrative Services and RAS is Rajasthan Administrative Services. IAS is the exam for All india Services and RAS is for State Centric Services. IAS is consucted by UPSC and RAS is conducted by RPSC.
In case of any doubts or queries, you may ask us in the comment section.