TNEA 2021 application form can be filled from the first week of May 2021. TNEA is an engineering admission process which is organized by Anna University. Candidates can get admission in UG Engineering courses – B.E & B.Tech on the basis of their scores in Class 12. For the admission, candidates have to participate in the TNEA counselling process. Admission is offered to the candidates who will be selected in the merit list released by the university. Such candidates get admission into a number of colleges located in Tamil Nadu through TNEA scores. Candidates can check complete and important information related to Tamil Nadu Engineering Admissions 2021 such as application form, exam dates, eligibility criteria, syllabus etc. from this article.
TNEA 2021 Notification
The details regaridng the TNEA notitification are:
- TNEA 2021 Notification will relase in Jnuary 2021.
- The notification will include all the details regarding the TNEA admission process.
TNEA 2021 Important Dates
Candidate can check all the important dates related to TNEA 2021 from the following table:
|Events||Dates 2021 (Tentative)|
|TNEA 2021 Notification||April 2021|
|Application Form availability||First week of May 2021|
|Application submission last date||Last week of May 2021|
|Last date to submit application||First week of June 2021|
|Random numbers allotment||Third week of June 2021|
|Release of rank list/ merit list||Fourth week of June 2021|
|Counselling starts from||Third week of July 2021|
TNEA 2021 Application Form
Given below are some important points related to TNEA 2021 application form:
- TNEA 2021 Application Form can be filled in online mode from the first week of May 2021.
- TNEA registration process includes the following steps – Registration, Application form Filling, Application Fee Payment and sending the application form along with the necessary documents.
- Candidates can apply for TNEA online till the first week of July 2021.
- Applicants can only submit single application form for various courses and colleges.
- Candidates are advised to fill complete details in the form carefully and correctly as any correction will not be allowed by the authority.
- After filling the application form, candidates have to submit the form along with the necessary documents to the below mentioned address before the last date:
- The Secretary,
- Tamil Nadu Engineering Admissions,
- Anna University, Chennai – 600025.
Documents to be send along with the Application Form
Candidates have to send the following documents along with the duly filled application form:
- Class 10 and 12 Mark sheets and Pass Certificates
- Transfer Certificate
- Permanent community certificate
- 12th Class Hall Ticket
- First graduate certificate and first graduate joint declaration
- Nativity certificate (If applicable)
- Sri Lankan Tamil Refugee certificate
- Relevant documents showing proof of Army personnel
Candidate have to pay the application fee which is given below:
- For General candidates – Rs.500
- For ST/SC/SCA candidates – Rs.250
Payment Mode: The application fee can be paid through online mode via internet banking/ debit card/ credit card.
How to Apply for TNEA 2021?
Candidates can fill the TNEA 2021 application form by following the steps given below:
- Visit the TNEA official website.
- Read all the guidelines mentioned on the website for registration and click on the “Next” button.
- New candidates have to click on “New User Registration”.
- Enter all the asked registration details and click on the “Register” button.
- Now, Login using Email ID and Password.
- Fill details such as personal, academic and other required details in the application.
- After filling all the details, click on the “Save & Continue to Pay” button.
- After which candidate have to pay the application fee.
- At last, candidate have to print the application form and send it along with required documents either visiting the university or through post to the address mentioned above.
TNEA 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates are advised to check the TNEA 2021 eligibility criteria before filling the application form:
- Candidates must have passed class 12 from schools located in Tamil Nadu.
- Also, candidates who live in other states and have completed their class 12 from Tamil Nadu state can also apply.
- Candidates from outside Tamil Nadu state have to show their Nativity Certificate in the form of digitally signed E-Certificate or Electronic Form.
- Applicants whose parents are Central Government Employees can also apply.
- Qualifying Exam: Candidates must have passed class 12 or its equivalent from a recognized Board or University.
- Minimum Marks: Student must have passed intermediate level securing at least 50% marks (For OBC – 45%; For ST/ SC/ DNC/ MBC/ SCA – 40%).
- Qualifying Subjects: Interested candidates must have Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry as mandatory subjects in class 12.
Marine Engineering Programme:
- Qualifying Exam: Candidates must have passed class 12 exam or its equivalent from a recognized Board.
- Qualifying Subjects: Interested candidates must have Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and English as main subjects in class 12.
- Minimum Marks: Candidate must have secured at least 60% marks in PCM subjects & 50% marks in English subject.
- Age Criteria: Applicant should be maximum of 25 years in age.
TNEA 2021 Cut Off
TNEA 2021 Cut Off will be released by Anna University. The cut off will be released after the successful completion of application process. University will release the cut off through online mode on its website. Only the qualified candidates will be eligible for admission.
Separate TNEA Cut Off marks will be released on the website for various campuses. If two students secured the same scores, then random numbers will be allotted. Candidates can check the random number allotted to them from the website.
TNEA 2021 Merit List/ Rank List
Anna University will release the TNEA 2021 merit list in the fourth week of June 2021. The merit list contains names of the qualified candidates who will be selected for next counselling process. A common merit list will be published by the university in online mode on the university official website.
Candidates will be selected in the merit list on the basis of his/her marks in class 12
TNEA 2021 Counselling
Counselling process of TNEA 2021 will be organized tentatively from third w eek of July 2021. Only qualified candidates will be called for counselling process on the basis of merit list prepared by university. Seats will be allocated to the candidates as per their rank & category.
Students can download their counselling call letter from the official website. Only shortlisted candidates will be considered as eligible to participate in counselling. The counselling process will be organized in five rounds in which students will be provided the facility to choose their colleges and course.
Such candidates have to pay counselling fee via cash or demand draft and have to submit their original or photocopies of necessary documents for verification.
Documents Required for Counselling
Candidates have to bring the following document during the counselling session:
- 10th class mark sheet
- 12th class or equivalent mark sheet
- 12th class hall ticket
- Transfer certificate
- Permanent community certificate (for reserved categories)
- Nativity certificate (if applicable)
- Counselling call letter
- Passport size photograph
TNEA 2021 Admission
After the counselling process, candidates will be eligible for TNEA admission. Candidates have to report the allotted college along with the provisional admission letter after the TNEA counselling. Candidates have to report as per the prescribed time and date.
Participating Colleges in TNEA 2021
Anna University will release the list of TNEA 2021 Participating Institutes. There are more than 500 colleges under the Anna University. During the counselling process, candidates will get a chance to choose the college of their preference. However, allotment of the insitute will be done on the basis of criteria’s like canddiate’s merit, category and his/her preferences.
TNEA 2021 Highlights
The overview of TNEA 2021 admission process are given below:
|Full Form||Tamil Nadu Engineering Admission|
|Conducting Body||Anna University|
|Purpose||Admission in Ug programmes|
In case of any doubts or queries, you may ask us in the comment section. Moreover, Keep visiting the website for accurate and updated information.
Official website of Anna University: www.annauniv.edu