UGC NET 2021 Application form for June 2021 session is supposed to be released in the third week of March 2021 and for December 2021 session, the registration process will start from First week of September 2021. University Grants Commission National Eligibility Test (UGC NET) is a national level eligibility test conducted in online mode by National Testing Agency (NTA). The exam is conducted to select eligible candidates as Assistant Professor and/or Junior Research Fellowship (JRF). UGC NET qualified candidates will be considered for recruitment as Assistant Professor or JRF in Indian Colleges and Universities. Candidates can check all the important details regarding UGC NET 2021 such as application form, eligibility criteria, admit card, exam date and selection process etc.
UGC NET 2021 Notification
The details regaridng the UGC NET Notification are:
- The notification will relase inthe month of February 2021.
- The notification will contain all the details regarding the UGC NET Exam.
UGC NET 2021 Exam Dates
Candidates must be aware with the UGC NET 2021 Exam dates for both the sessions which is given in the below table:
|Events||June Dates||December Dates|
|UGC NET 2021 Notification||Second week of February 2021||Third week of August 2021|
|Availability of Online Application||Third week of March 2021||First week of September 2021|
|Last date to apply online||Third week of April 2021||Last week of September 2021|
|Correction window opens||Last week of April 2021||Third week of October 2021|
|Availability of Admit card||Third week of May 2021||November 2021|
|UGC NET 2021||Third week of June 2021||Third week of December 2021|
|Release of Answer Key||Last week of June 2021||Last week of December 2021|
|Declaration of Results||First week of July 2021||Second week of January 2022|
UGC NET 2021 Application Form
Candidates must check the below given points related to UGC NET 2021 Application Form before applying for the exam:
- UGC NET 2021 Application Form is to be filled in Online Mode.
- Candidates must have a valid email id and mobile number for the registration process. As the application number and other login details will be sent on it.
- Applicants must have to fill all the asked details in the application form otherwise it will not be accepted by the authority.
- After filling the form, candidates have to upload scanned images of photograph and signature as per the prescribed format (JPEG/JPG) and size.
- Once the photographs have been successfully uploaded, candidates have to pay the registration fee via available payment mode.
- Candidates can edit the details filled in the application form before submitting it. After submission of form, candidates will be able to edit the form only during the correction period.
- Successfully registered candidates are advised to print the application form and fee payment receipt for future use.
UGC NET 2021 Application Fee
Candidates have to pay the UGC NET Registration Fee after filling details in the application form. Given below is the category-wise application fee along with the payment modes available to pay the registration fee:
|Category||Application Fee (in Rs.)|
|UR/ General candidates||1000|
|General –EWS/ OBC – NCL candidates||500|
|ST/ SC/ PWD/ Transgender candidates||250|
Modes of Payment:
UGC NET application fee can be paid in online mode via Credit or Debit Card/ Net-Banking etc.
How to apply for UGC NET 2021?
Candidates have to follow the steps given below to apply for the UGC NET 2021 entrance exam:
- Visit the UGC NET official website i.e. ugcnet.nta.nic.in.
- Click on the link displaying ‘Fill online Application form’ to start the UGC NET registration process.
- After this, the candidate have to fill the UGC NET 2021 application form by entering all the asked details.
- After filling the application form, candidates have to upload the scanned images of photograph and signature.
- Now, pay the UGC NET registration fee.
- Candidates are advised to print the duly filled application form after successful payment.
UGC NET 2021 Application Correction
NTA will open the application correction window for the candidates who want to edit details in their application form. The correction facility will be available from April 2021. Candidates can make correction in online mode only from the website.
Candidates can make changes in only some selected fields. NTA will send the information about correction window through mail and SMS. Any modification will not be allowed after the last date of correction.
UGC NET 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Before filling the application form, candidates must check the UGC NET Eligibility criteria which is given below:
- Qualifying Exam: Candidates with Master’s Degree or its equivalent from UGC recognized University or Institution can apply for NET exam.
- Minimum Marks: Candidate must have obtained at least 55% marks (50% marks for ST/SC/OBC (NCL)/PWD/ Transgender category candidates) in his/her Master’s Degree level.
- Qualifying Subjects: Interested applicants should have studied Electronic Science, Humanities and Social science (including languages), Computer science and applications, etc. at their Master’s degree level.
- Appearing: Last year PG Graduates or who have appeared in the last semester exams but waiting for their results can also apply. Such students have to fulfil the other qualification requirements required by the board. Candidates must have completed the Master’s degree within two years of result declaration otherwise his/her candidature will be cancelled by the board.
- PhD Holders: PhD degree holders who have completed Masters level exam by September 1992 will be given 5% relaxation in aggregate marks.
- Assistant Professor: For UGC NET, NTA has not set any upper age limit to apply.
- Junior Research Fellowship (JRF): Interested candidate should be less than 30 years of age as on 01 December 2021.
- Age relaxation: Candidates belonging from ST/ SC/ PWD/ OBC- NCL/ Transgender/ women category will be given relaxation of 5 years. NTA has also provided 5 years of age relaxation to candidates with research experience or one who have served in armed forces. Candidates with LLM degree will be given relaxation of 3 years age.
UGC NET 2021 Exam Pattern
Candidates can check all the important details about UGC NET exam pattern from the below given section:
- Exam Mode: Online i.e. Computer Based mode.
- Number of Papers: Two papers in the entrance exam
- Language Medium: Either in Hindi or English.
- Type of Questions: Multiple choice questions i.e. objective questions.
- Time Duration: 180 Minutes i.e. 3 hours without any break.
- Questions: Total 150 questions (Paper 1 have 50 questions and Paper 2 have 100 questions).
- Marks: Total 300 marks (Paper 1 is of 100 marks and Paper 2 is of 200 marks).
- Marking Pattern: 2 marks for every correct exam.
- Negative Marking: No negative marking.
Candidates can check the question and marks distribution of UGC NET exam from the table given below:
|Paper||Marks||Number of Questions|
|Total||300 marks||150 questions|
UGC NET 2021 Syllabus
Candidates can check the complete UGC NET Syllabus from the official website. Students can check the subject-wise detailed syllabus in online mode.
- Paper 1 of UGC NET is of general nature and questions are generally asked to focus on research aptitude /teaching skill of the candidate.
- Paper 2 is based on the core subjects or specialization selected by the candidate. In paper 2 there are a total 84 specialization subjects list of which is available on the official website.
UGC NET 2021 Preparation Tips
Given below is the UGC NET preparation tips that will help candidate to score well in the entrance test:
- Must go through the complete syllabus and pattern of UGC NET from the website.
- Candidates must solve previous year question paper or sample papers to know about the type of questions asked in UGC NET exam.
- Candidates are advised to make notes of all the important points at one place as it will help at the time of revision.
- Applicants must choose the study material which is usually recommended by the professionals.
UGC NET 2021 Admit Card
NTA will release UGC NET Admit card in the third week of May 2021 for June session and in third week of November 2021 for December session. For downloading the admit card, candidates have to enter the login credentials provided at the time of registration.
Candidates are advised to check the complete details mentioned on the admit card. If any discrepancy is found in the admit card, candidates are advised to immediately contact the authority to get the problem rectified. The authority will take the necessary actions and provide the updated admit card to such candidates.
How to download UGC NET Admit Card 2021?
Candidates can download the admit card of UGC NET 2021 exam by following the steps given below:
- Visit the UGC NET official website i.e. ugcnet.nta.nic.in.
- Click on the link displaying ‘view admit card’ available at the bottom of the home page.
- Candidates have to login using their application number, date of birth, and security pin to login for UGC NET. Enter the submit button.
- UG NET admit card will appear on the screen.
- Candidates have to download and print the admit card for future use.
UGC NET 2021 Answer Key
NTA will release the answer key of UGC NET 2021 exam in the month of June 2021 (June session) and in December 2021 (December session). Candidates can challenge the provisional answer key. The provisional answer key will be available on the website for two or three days.
Candidates have to Rs.1000 per question for challenging the answer key. After accepting the challenge, candidates will release the final answer key. NTA will release the result for the UGC NET exam on the basis of final answer key released by them.
Formula for Calculating the UGC NET 2021 Paper-1 marks= Number of correct answers in paper 1 x 2 marks
Formula for Calculating the UGC NET 2021 Paper-2 marks = Number of correct answers in paper 2 x 2 marks
UGC NET 2021 Result
Candidates can check the UGC NET Result for June session in the month of July 2021 and in December for second session exam. Candidates have to login using their email id and password to check their result.
How to check UGC NET result 2021?
Candidates have to follow the steps given below to check the result of UGC NET entrance exam:
- Visit the UGC NET official website.
- Click on the link displaying ‘view result/scorecard’.
- Now, candidates have to choose any one of the options to login.
- Candidates can login either by ‘application number and date of birth’ or through ‘application number and password’.
- UGC NET 2021 result will appear on the screen. Candidates are advised to download and take print of it for future use.
Details present in UGC NET 2021 Scorecard
Candidates can check the following details on the scorecard of UGC NET exam:
- Roll number
- Application number
- Candidate name
- Mother name
- Father name
- Person with disability or not
- Number of candidates applied and appeared
- Post applied for
- Marks obtained by the candidate
- Percentage of marks
- Final result
UGC NET 2021 Cut Off
Candidates have to score the minimum required marks to take part in further admission process. The UGC NET cut off varies as per the category of candidates. NTA will release the merit list for the qualified candidates on its official website. Separate merit list will be prepared on the basis of candidate’s category and the subject opted by them.
Candidates can check the cut off of UGC NET 2021 exam from the table given below:
|OBC (NCL)/ PWD/ SC/ ST candidates||35%||35%|
UGC NET 2021 Selection Process
NTA will declare the Top 6% of the total candidates who will qualify both Paper 1 and 2 as the qualified one. Candidates will be given admission for the post of Assistant professor or JRF into various Indian institutes and universities on the basis of UGC NET cut off and the rank secured by candidates.
Top 15% qualified candidates from each category will be selected for the post of assistant professor.
NTA official website: www.nta.ac.in