CLAT 2023 Application Form will be available tentatively from first week of January 2023. Common Law Admission Test is conducted by 19 National Law Universities (NLU’s) of India on rotational basis. By CLAT score, candidate will be offered admission in various UG & PG degree law courses. Candidates can take admission in various renowned law universities all over India. Interested applicants can check all the important details regarding CLAT 2023 such as application form, exam dates, eligibility criteria, and much more from this article.
Table of Contents
- CLAT 2023 Exam Dates
- CLAT 2023 Application Form
- How to Fill CLAT Application Form?
- CLAT 2023 Eligibility Criteria
- CLAT 2023 Exam Pattern
- CLAT 2023 Syllabus
- CLAT 2023 Preparation Tips
- CLAT 2023 Admit Card
- CLAT 2023 Answer Key
- CLAT 2023 Result
- CLAT 2023 Cut Off
- CLAT 2023 Counselling
- CLAT 2020 Exam Instructions
CLAT 2023 Exam Dates
Candidates can check all the important CLAT Exam Dates for 2023 session from the following table:
|Events||Tentative Dates (2023)|
|Application form releases||First week of January|
|Last date to apply||Fourth week of March|
|Last date for online fee payment||Fourth week of March|
|Admit card availability||Third week of April|
|CLAT 2023 Exam||Second week of May|
|Answer key publish||Third week of May|
|Result declaration||Fourth week of May|
|Counselling session||First week of June|
CLAT 2023 Application Form
Candidates can check all the important information related to CLAT 2023 Application Form from the below given points:
- The CLAT application form is expected to be released in first week of January 2023 and can be filled till fourth week of March 2023.
- Candidates can submit the application form via online mode only.
- Candidates must have valid/ working email ID & phone number at the time of registration.
- Applicants have to upload scanned images of passport size photograph & signature in the prescribed format and size.
- Authority will also provide the correction facility but only for limited time period in which candidates can make necessary changes in the application details.
- At last, candidates must take printout of the duly filled in application form for further use.
CLAT Application Fee:
After filling the application form, candidates have to pay the CLAT Application fee which varies as per the category of candidate. Given below are the category-wise CLAT 2023 application fee
|General/ OBC/ PwD/ SAP candidates||Rs 4000|
|SC/ ST candidates||Rs 3000|
Mode of Payment
Candidates can submit the application fee via online (credit card/ debit card) mode.
How to Fill CLAT Application Form?
Candidates have to follow the steps given below in order to apply for the CLAT exam:
- Candidate first have to register from the CLAT official website.
- Candidates have to enter the details like name, mobile number, and password of choice for the registration purpose.
- After registration, candidates will receive an OTP on the registered mobile number. Use the OTP to activate CLAT 2023 account.
- Now login into the account using mobile number and the password created at the time of registration.
- Enter all the asked details such as personal information, communication details, qualifying examination details, preferences and reservation details etc.
- After filling the registration form, there will be three options i.e. Edit Application, Delete Application, and Make Payment. Candidate can choose accordingly.
Details to be Entered in CLAT 2023 Application Form
Candidates have to enter the following details in the CLAT 2023 application form:
- Name of the candidate
- Active mobile number
- Active email id
- Password of choice
- Applicants name
- Date of birth
- Father’s name
- Mother’s name
- PWD status
- State of domicile
- State of residence
- State of nationality
- Select course Undergraduate/ Postgraduate
- Qualified exam related information
- Board/University of QUALIFYING EXAM
- Exam status of QUALIFYING EXAM
- Month of passing of QUALIFYING EXAM
- Year of passing of QUALIFYING EXAM
- Percentage of QUALIFYING EXAM
- Test Center
- Admission University
CLAT 2023 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must check the below given programme-wise CLAT eligibility criteria before applying for CLAT exam:
UG Law Programme:
- Qualification: Candidates must have passed/appearing in class 12 exam from any recognized board or university. Appearing candidates have to prove an evidence of their passing the qualifying examination at the time of admission.
- Percentage: General/ OBC candidates must have secured at least 45% marks in the qualifying exam and SC/ ST category candidates have 40% marks to apply for the CLAT exam.
PG Law Programme:
- Qualification: Candidates must have qualified LLB or any other qualifying examination to appear in CLAT PG course.
- Percentage: General category candidates must have secured at least 55% marks, while candidates from reserved category must have 50% to apply for the examination.
- Appearing: Last year graduation candidates can also apply for the examination. But such candidates have to prove an evidence of their passing the qualifying examination.
CLAT 2023 Exam Pattern
Candidates are advised to go through the following details regarding CLAT 2023 Exam Pattern:
- Exam Mode: Offline mode i.e. Pen-paper based Test.
- Time Duration: 120 minutes i.e. 02 hours.
- Questions Type: Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs).
- Number of Questions: About 120-150 questions in UG entrance test and 150 questions in PG exam.
- Medium Language: English language.
- Marking Scheme: 01 mark will be provided for each correct answer. For each wrong response, 0.25 marks will be deducted.
Candidates must check following table to know marks distribution in PG exam:
|PG Law course||Other law subjects such as Contracts, Torts, Criminal Law, International Law, IPR etc.||50|
CLAT 2023 Syllabus
CLAT 2023 Syllabus is divided into the following 6 sections – English (including comprehension), General Knowledge & Current Affairs, Mathematics, Legal Aptitude and Logical Reasoning.
Candidates can check important topics of CLAT syllabus from below given points:
- English including comprehension: Unseen passage along with its central theme, meaning of words using therein, fill in the blanks, Synonyms, Antonyms and vocabulary etc.
- General Knowledge & Current: Static general knowledge, question & current affairs, national & international current affairs etc.
- Mathematics: In this section, candidate’s knowledge about elementary mathematics will be tested.
- Legal Aptitude: This section includes topics such as study of law, research aptitude, and problem-solving ability etc.
- Logical Reasoning: Generally logical reasoning questions such as syllogism, logical sequences or analogies etc.
CLAT 2023 Preparation Tips
Candidates can opt the following tips and tricks while preparing for CLAT preparation:
- Make proper time table and strictly follow it.
- Prepare as per CLAT exam pattern & syllabus.
- Practice previous year mock test to check speed of solving question paper.
- Revise all the topics regularly for good preparation.
- Take nutritious diet & must practise yoga daily.
CLAT 2023 Admit Card
Candidates will be able to download CLAT Admit card from third week of April 2023 via online mode. Candidates have to login at the official website to download admit card. For login, candidates have to enter login credentials such as application number, password/date of birth etc. All the candidates must have to carry hall ticket at the examination centre allotted to them.
CLAT 2023 Admit card will contain important details related to candidate as well as exam such as candidates name, roll no., exam timing, time to reach examination hall, & all the important instructions. All the candidates are advised to go through the details given on the admit card.
Details Mentioned on CLAT 2023 Admit Card
Candidates must ensure that there is no error in the following details mentioned on the CLAT admit card:
- Name of the Candidate
- Admit Card No.
- Date of Birth
- Parent’s Name
- Photograph of the candidate
- Signature of the candidate
- Candidate’s Address
- Exam Schedule
- Complete Address of Examination Centre
- Exam Day Guidelines
CLAT exam Centre 2023
CLAT 2023 exam will be conducted in around 131 exam centres across the whole country. Candidates will be allotted exam centres as per their choice filled in the form and availability of seats in the preferred exam centres. Candidates can check their designated exam centre on their CLAT Exam admit card once released.
Important Things to Carry at CLAT 2023 Exam Centre
Candidates have to carry the following things at the time of exam at the examination centre:
- Admit Card
- Blue/Black Ball pen
- 2 recent passport photographs
- Any of the following valid ID proof
- Aadhaar Card
- Voter I
- Driving Licence
- PAN card
CLAT 2023 Answer Key
CLAT 2023 Answer Key will be released by NLUO Cuttack in the second week of May 2023. Candidates can check the answer key from the official website via online mode.
By the help of CLAT answer key, candidates can also predict their expected marks even before the result declaration by authority. Answer key contains answer of all the questions asked in the CLAT question paper. Candidate have to use the released answer key along with the exam marking scheme to calculate his/her expected marks.
CLAT 2023 Result
The exam conducting authority will release the CLAT 2023 result tentatively in the last week of May 2023. Candidates have to login using their application number or any other asked login credentials to check their result. Result contains all the important details like candidate’s name, roll number, total marks, percentage, marks secured in each subject and result status (pass or fail).
How to Check CLAT Result
Candidates have to follow the steps given below steps to check the result:
- Visit the CLAT official website link.
- Login page will be opened on the screen.
- Enter all the asked details such as Registered Email ID and Date of Birth carefully.
- The result/score card will be appeared on the screen.
- Candidates are advised to download and print the result.
- Candidates must keep some extra printouts for further admission process.
CLAT 2023 Cut Off
CLAT Cut Off marks is the minimum marks that any candidate must have scored to qualify the examination. Cut off marks depends on various factors such as candidate’s application number, marks scored by candidates in the examination, difficulty level of examination and much more.
Cut Off will be made available by the authority only after the declaration of exam result. Only qualified candidates will be invited for counselling process.
CLAT 2023 Counselling
Once the CLAT Result & cut off is released by the authority, then it will release counselling process for selection shortlisted candidates for the admission purpose. Final seat allotment is done on the basis of candidate’s ranks, category and no. of available seats. To participate in the CLAT 2023 Counselling procedure, qualified candidates have to submit the counselling fee of Rs. 50, 000 for participation.
All the shortlisted candidates will have to participate in the counselling process. Otherwise, his/her canditure will be cancelled by the authority and their seat will be allotted to any other candidate. The admission will be offered to candidates after the fee payment & verification of the documents.
CLAT 2020 Exam Instructions
At the exam centre, candidates have to follow the given below rules issued by the conducting body:
- Candidates are advised to reach the exam centre at least 30 mins before the exam commencement.
- Applicants must carry the hardcopy of CLAT admit card along with passport size photograph and a valid identity proof for verification.
- Candidates must carry BLUE/BLACK BALL PEN on the exam day.
- Candidates must keep the duly signed admit card along with them till admission process.
For latest Updates regarding the CLAT Exam, Keep visiting Entrancegyan.com