Kerala SET 2024: Kerala SET 2024 has released the answer key on 21 August 2024. The Kerala State Eligibility Test (KSET) is an exam that’s organized by the government of Kerala to select candidates for a career as a high school teacher and non-vocational teachers training in VHSE. The interested and eligible candidates should apply for this test by filling the online application form available on the website of KSET. LBS CSTE will announce the dates of the test and aspirants can fill the online application based on their eligibility.
Kerala SET 2024 – Dates
Candidates can check the important dates in the below given table.
|Online Registration Starting||30th March 2024|
|Online Registration Closing||10th May 2024|
|Online Payment of Registered Candidate||12th May 2024|
|Application Correction Starts from||13th to 15th May 2024|
|Online Admission Ticket||15th July 2024|
|Date of Test||23rd July 2024|
|Releasing of Answer Key||24th July 2024|
|Final Answer Key||21st August 2024|
|Declaration of Result||Declared|
Kerala SET 2024 Application Form
The details regarding the Kerala SET 2024 Application form are given below.
- From 6th October 1st, 2024, the Kerala SET Application Form has been released in online mode.
- The Kerala SET Application Form will be available until 31st October 2024.
- Those applicants who wish to get a job as a Higher Secondary School Teacher or Non-Vocational Teacher in VHSE can apply in this examination by filling the Application Form from the official website.
- Candidates may avoid mistakes while filling the application form and may write the details as per the documents.
- After submitting the application, upload an image that is at least 200 pixels in height and 150 pixels in width.
- The picture should be in JPG format and shouldn’t exceed 30 KB. Make a payment via online mode by using the online facilities such as Net Banking, Debit Card, or Credit Card.
The details regarding the application fee for Kerala SET exam are:
- General/OBC category candidates – Rs. 1000/-
- SC/ST/VH/PH category candidates – Rs. 500/-
How to Apply?
Candidates can check the steps to fill the application form for Kerala SET Exam.
- Visit the official website i.e. www.lbscentre.kerala.gov.in.
- Go to “Quick Links.” and Click on “SET 2024”.
- Then click “Join” and provide your mobile phone number and an invitation OTP will be sent to you.
- Fill in personal information on the form and then submit, and a registered ID will be generated for you.
- For online application fees, you can pay via Credit/Debit card/Net banking or other modes.
- After filling out all the required information, click on submit and print the application form and address slip which should be attached to the envelope.
- There is no facility of editing once submitted; hence, all details must be verified before submission.
- If there are any discrepancies, please contact us at our helpline numbers within three days from the last notified date.
Kerala SET Eligibility Criteria
The details regarding the eligibility criteria for Kerala SET are:
- Applicants must have a Master’s Degree in any field with not less than 50% marks and B.Ed degree or the equivalent in any field from any university recognized by Kerala or other higher studies at least.
- The applicant should hold (ii) class Master’s degree in Communicative English with not less than 50% marks and B.Ed, he can appear for SET examination.
- Applicant who hold his/her Masters degree with eligibility to appear for SET.
- Candidates undergoing the year-course of Bachelor’s degree of Education Course are eligible to appear for the test.
Kerala SET Exam Pattern
The details regarding the Kerala SET exam pattern are:
- This exam will be done through traditional pen and paper.
- You will get 120 minutes for each part (120 minutes for Paper I, and 80 minutes for Paper II).
- There are 2 parts to this exam, with a total of 420 questions.
- The first 160 questions you will be tested on in Paper I, with the second 160 questions being dedicated to Mathematics and Statics.
- While there is no negative marking, you can only get 1 mark per question unless it’s Mathematics or Statics where 1.5 marks will be given.
- If you mark more than one answer for a question on the test paper, then all of your answers will not count, even if only one of them was incorrect.
KERAL SET Exam Preparation Tips
Certainly, here are the tips presented in bullet points for quick reference:
- General Preparation Tips:
- Understand the exam pattern.
- Know the syllabus thoroughly.
- Practice time management.
- Prioritize weaker areas.
- Focus on regular revision.
- Practice mock tests.
- Analyze mistakes for improvement.
- Subject-Specific Tips:
- Emphasize core concepts over memorization.
- Use official study materials and previous papers.
- Stay updated with any syllabus changes.
- Seek clarification for doubts.
- Exam Day Tips:
- Ensure a good night’s sleep and a balanced meal.
- Read instructions carefully.
- Allocate time wisely during the exam.
- Stay calm and composed.
Remember, a balanced and focused approach, combined with effective time management, will contribute significantly to your success in the Kerala SET exam. Best of luck with your preparation!
The overview of Kerala SET is given in the table below.
|Name of the Exam||Kerala State Eligibility Test (SET) 2024|
|Name Of The Organization||LBS Centre for Science & Technology|
|Name Of The Post||Assistant Professor|