CMAT 2023 will be conducted by the National Testing Agency in online mode. The entrance test of CMAT is conducted every year at national level for admission into various management courses. Candidates are offered admission into various management institutions situated across India on the basis of CMAT exam Scores. There are over 1000 participating institutions that accepts CMAT scores for admission. Candidates must qualify the respective cut off released by each participating institution to take admission in Management courses. Various institutes conduct GD & PI rounds in which every shortlisted candidates have to participate.
Candidates can check all the details related to the CMAT 2023 exam such as application form, dates, eligibility, pattern, syllabus, etc. from this article.
CMAT 2023 Exam Dates
Given below are important dates for the CMAT 2023 entrance exam that every candidates must be familiar with:
|Events||Dates 2023 (Announced)|
|Starting of online registration||First week of November 2020|
|Correction in images starts||Second week of November 2020|
|Last date to register online||Last week of November 2020|
|Successful fee payment||First week of November to First week of December 2020|
|Slot Booking||First week of December to Second week of December 2020|
|Availability of Admit Card||Fourth week of December 2020|
|CMAT 2023 Exam||Last week of January 2023|
|Declaration of result||First week of February 2023|
|Availability of scorecard||Second week of February 2023|
CMAT 2023 Application Form
Candidates must check the CMAT 2023 Application Form details given below:
- The CMAT 2023 registration process is supposed to be started from First week of November 2020 through online mode.
- Candidate first have to register themselves by entering their valid email id, phone number, name and other details to fill the application form.
- After successful registration, applicants will receive login details through which can be used for login in future. Candidates must keep their login id safely.
- Candidates should carefully fill all the details asked while filling up the application form as any modification will not be allowed later.
- The CMAT form filling process includes the following steps – Online Registration, application form filling, uploading of images (photograph & signature), application fee payment & printing of application and confirmation page.
- Candidates are advised to upload images as per the specified format and size.
CMAT Application Fee
After filling details in the CMAT application form, candidates have to pay the CMAT registration fee which vary as per the category of candidates. Given below are the category wise CMAT 2023 application fee:
|Category||Application Fee (in Rs.)|
|For Boys||For Girls|
|General – EWS/ OBC- NCL candidate||1000||1000|
|SC/ ST/ PWD||800||700|
Mode of Payment
The registration fee payment of CMAT can be paid in online mode via debit/ credit card / net banking /PayTM/ UPI (upto 11:50 p.m. up to bank hours).
How to Apply for CMAT 2023?
Candidates have to follow the steps given below to fill the CMAT 2023 application form:
- Firstly, candidates have to register online from the NTA official website.
- Candidates have to login using Application Number and Password generated at the time of registration.
- After login, fill all the asked details such as Candidates name, Personal information, academic details, postal address and communication details etc.
- Now, candidates have to upload Images on CMAT Application Form
- After uploading the image in prescribed format, candidates have to pay the Application Fee using any of the available fee payment mode.
CMAT 2023 Eligibility Criteria
Interested applicants must check the below given CMAT Eligibility criteria before filling the application form:
- Nationality- Only Indian Candidates can apply for the CMAT exam.
- Age Criteria- There is no age limit set by the authority for appearing in the CMAT 2023.
- Qualification- Candidates with Bachelor’s degree in any discipline can apply for CMAT. Final year undergraduates and whose result is supposed to be declared before the start of admission session of 2023-2022 are also eligible to apply for CMAT 2023.
CMAT 2023 Exam Pattern
Given below is the CMAT 2023 exam pattern that candidate must know to be familiar with CMAT question Paper:
- Exam mode: Online mode i.e. computer-based test.
- Paper Duration: 180 minutes i.e. 03 hours.
- Type of questions: Objective type of questions.
- Total Marks: Total 400 marks.
- Medium Language: English language.
- Marking Pattern: 4 marks for each correct response.
- Negative Marking: 1 mark will be deducted for every wrong answer.
Candidates can check the Question and Marks distribution of CMAT exam for different section from the following table:
|Topics||Number of Questions||Total Marks|
|Quantitative Techniques & Data Interpretation||25||100|
CMAT 2023 Syllabus
CMAT Syllabus is given below:
- Language Comprehension: Reading Passage, Vocabulary, Synonyms, Antonyms, Sentence Correction, etc.
- Quantitative Techniques: Ratio and Proportions, Time and Distance, Profit & Loss, Simple and Compound Interest, etc.
- Logical Reasoning: Number & Letter series, Blood relations, Binary Logics, Puzzles, Syllogisms, Seating Arrangements, Venn diagram, etc.
- General Knowledge: India & the world, Current Affairs, History, Awards, Polity & Science, etc.
Recommended books for CMAT 2023
Given below are some important books that candidate must need to cover the CMAT syllabus:
|Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations||RS Agarwal|
|How to Prepare for Quantitative Aptitude for the CAT||Arun Sharma|
|General Knowledge||Disha Experts|
|The Pearson Guide to Verbal Ability||Sujit Kumar|
|Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension for CAT||Arun Sharma and Meenakshi Upadhyay|
|A Modern Approach to Logical Reasoning||R.S. Aggarwal|
|How to Prepare for Logical Reasoning for CAT||Arun Sharma|
CMAT 2023 Preparation Tips
For scoring good in the CMAT exam, candidates can opt the below given preparation Tips:
- Must go through the CMAT syllabus and exam pattern.
- Take to solve mock test to analyse the paper.
- Candidates are advised to solve previous year papers and sample papers.
- Prepare a study routine and must follow it regularly.
- Make short notes of important points and revise them regularly.
CMAT 2023 Admit Card
The admit card/hall ticket of CMAT 2023 is supposed to be released in the fourth week of December 2020. The CMAT admit card will be uploaded on the website and only candidate who have successfully completed the application process can access it. Candidates have to enter their login details to download CMAT admit card.
Candidates have to bring the admit card on the exam day along with one passport size photograph, one photo id proof and PWD certificate (if needed) to enter in the exam hall. Candidates can check the reporting time, exam centre/city, exam time, exam instructions and other details from the CMAT admit card.
How to Download CMAT 2023 Admit Card?
Candidates have to follow the steps given below to download the hall ticket:
- Visit the CMAT official website, i.e., cmat.nta.nic.in.
- Click on the tab displaying “Download Admit Card”.
- Login using CMAT Application Number and password or Date of Birth.
- Click on ‘Download CMAT Admit Card’ link.
- Candidates are advised to download and print the CMAT Admit Card 2023 for future use.
CMAT 2023 Answer Key
NTA is supposed to release the provisional as well as final answer key of CMAT 2023 in the month of February 2023. With the help of CMAT Answer key, candidates can calculate his/her probable score of the exam.
Candidates can also challenge the released provisional answer key released by the authority. For challenging the answer key, such candidates have to pay processing fee (non-refundable) of Rs.1000 per question. This amount can be paid by debit/credit card/ net banking method. After considering all the challenges NTA will release the final answer key on the website.
CMAT 2023 Result
After the final answer key will be displayed NTA will release the CMAT result in the first week of February 2023. The actual marks obtained by the candidate will be considered for the preparation of the result.
Candidates can download the scorecard of CMAT exam in online mode from the website. Authority will not dispatch the CMAT scorecard through any other mode.
CMAT 2023 Counselling
After the declaration of result, shortlisted candidates have to appear in the CMAT Counselling which will be conducted by the authority. The qualified candidates can participate in the selection procedure organized by the participating institutions separately. The admission process is supposed to be vary as per the institutions.
The participating institutions will conduct GD and PI round for the selection of the candidates. Students are advised to be connected with the preferred institute to keep a check on the admission schedule announced for admission. After the GD and PI rounds, the qualified candidates will be called for the document verification round in which candidates have to show their documents asked by the institutions for the verification purpose.
CMAT 2023 Participating Colleges
There are many institutes that accept the scores of CMAT exam for admissions in management programs.
Some of the Top institutes that accept the CMAT score are given below:
- Goa Institute of Management, Goa
- SIES College of Management Studies
- Christ University, Bangalore
- Doon Business School, Dehradun
- Jamnalal Bajaj Institute of Management Studies (JBIMS), Mumbai,
- KJ Somaiya Institute of Management Studies & Research (KJSIMSR), Mumbai,
- Great Lakes Institute of Management, Chennai
- Institute of Public Enterprise, Hyderabad
- Xavier Institute of Management and Entrepreneurship, Bangalore
- Alliance School of Business, Bangalore