The Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is an all-India examination that tests the comprehensive understanding of various undergraduate subjects in engineering and science. Conducted jointly by the Indian Institute of Science (IISc) and seven Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs), the GATE exam is one of the most popular entrance exams for postgraduate engineering admissions in India.
The GATE 2024 exam will be conducted in February 2024. If you’re planning to take the exam, here’s everything you need to know.
GATE 2024 Application Process
The application process for the GATE 2024 exam is expected to start in September 2022. Here are the steps you need to follow to apply for the exam:
- Go to the official GATE 2024 website (gate.iitkgp.ac.in).
- Register as a new user by providing your name, email address, and mobile number.
- Login to your account and fill in the application form.
- Upload a recent passport-sized photograph, signature, and other necessary documents.
- Pay the application fee using a debit card, credit card, or net banking.
The application fee for the GATE 2024 exam is expected to be Rs. 1500 for general category candidates and Rs. 750 for female candidates and SC/ST/PwD candidates.
GATE 2024 Eligibility Criteria
To be eligible for the GATE 2024 exam, you must meet the following criteria:
- You must have a bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology/Architecture/Science/Commerce or equivalent. Candidates who are in their final year of bachelor’s degree can also apply.
- There is no age limit for GATE.
GATE 2024 Exam Pattern
The GATE 2024 exam will be conducted in online mode and will consist of two types of questions:
- Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs): These questions will have four options, and you’ll have to choose the correct answer.
- Numerical Answer Type (NAT) Questions: These questions will not have any options, and you’ll have to enter the answer using the virtual keyboard.
The GATE 2024 exam will consist of 65 questions and will be for a total of 100 marks. The exam duration is three hours.
GATE 2024 Syllabus
The GATE 2024 exam will cover the following subjects:
- Aerospace Engineering
- Agricultural Engineering
- Architecture and Planning
- Biomedical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Computer Science and Information Technology
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Environmental Science and Engineering
- Ecology and Evolution
- Geology and Geophysics
- Instrumentation Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mining Engineering
- Metallurgical Engineering
- Petroleum Engineering
- Production and Industrial Engineering
- Textile Engineering and Fibre Science
You should prepare for the GATE 2024 exam according to the syllabus of the subject you’re applying for.
GATE Admit Card 2024
The GATE 2024 admit card will be available for download from the official website in January 2024. You’ll need to enter your login credentials to download the admit card. The admit card will contain your name, photograph, signature, exam center, and exam date and time.
GATE Results and Scorecard 2024
The GATE 2024 results are expected to be announced in March 2024. You can check your results on the official website by entering your login credentials. The scorecard will also be available for download from the website. The GATE scorecard is valid for three years from the date of the announcement of the results.
GATE 2023 Cutoff Marks
The GATE 2024 cutoff marks will be announced by the participating institutes after the announcement of the results. The cutoff marks will vary according to the institute and the subject. You need to score above the cutoff marks to be eligible for admission to postgraduate engineering programs.
GATE 2024 Preparation Tips
To prepare for the GATE 2024 exam, you need to follow these tips:
- Know the syllabus: Familiarize yourself with the GATE 2024 syllabus and understand the weightage of each topic.
- Study materials: Use standard textbooks, reference books, and online resources to prepare for the exam.
- Practice previous year question papers: Solve previous year question papers to understand the exam pattern and the types of questions asked.
- Time management: Practice time management to solve questions quickly and accurately.
- Take mock tests: Take mock tests to assess your preparation level and identify your weaknesses.
- Stay focused and motivated: Stay focused on your preparation and motivated to achieve your goals.
GATE 2024 Scores for PSU Recruitment
Public Sector Undertakings (PSUs) in India also use GATE scores for their recruitment process. If you’re interested in applying for PSU jobs, you should know that GATE scores are considered for various recruitment processes.
The GATE 2024 exam is an excellent opportunity for engineering and science graduates to pursue higher studies in India. With a comprehensive syllabus, online exam mode, and PSU recruitment, GATE 2024 is a highly competitive exam. But with the right preparation, you can crack the exam and achieve your career goals.
We hope this article has provided you with all the information you need to know about the GATE 2024 exam. If you have any queries, please leave a comment below, and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible. All the best for your GATE 2024 exam!