NATA 2023 is a national level aptitude test in Architecture. NATA exam is conducted for admission to the first year of 5-year B.Arch. degree course at all recognized Institutions. From 2019, the Conducting Authority CoA has decided to conduct the NATA exam twice a year. NATA Syllabus includes General Aptitude, Drawing and Elementary mathematics. Candidates can check the complete details of NATA 2023 such as its application form, exam dates, eligibility, exam pattern, syllabus etc from this article.
NATA 2023 Exam Dates
Candidates can check the important NATA 2023 schedule from the following table:
|Events||Dates 2023 (Tentative)|
|For First Paper||For Second Paper|
|Availability of information bulletin||Third week of January||Third week of January|
|Starting of online application form||Fourth week of January||Fourth week of January|
|End of registration||Second week of March||Third week of June|
|Image uploads allowed till||Third week of March||Third week of June|
|Fee payment allowed till||Third week of March||Third week of June|
|Confirmation page printing available till||Third week of March||Fourth week of June|
|Candidate Correction window||Second week to Third week of March||Third week to Fourth week of June|
|Hosting of Admit Card||First week of April||Fourth week of June|
|Date and Time of Examination||Third week of April||First week of July|
|Publication of Results||First week of May||Second week of July|
NATA 2023 Application Form
Candidates must go through the following details related to NATA 2023 application form.
- NATA 2023 Application form will be made available in online mode at the NATA portal.
- Application form will be started tentatively from the third week of January 2023.
- Candidates have to fill personal details, academic details, contact and post address. Followed by documents uploading & fee payment.
- After filling all the details, candidates have to print the confirmation page generated after successful fee payment.
- Candidates are advised to fill all the details in the application form carefully. However, the authority will provide one time opportunity to correct personal details to candidates.
After filling all the details in the application form, candidates need to pay the NATA application form which varies as per the category of candidates. Interested applicants can check the category-wise NATA registration fee from the following table:
|For One Session:|
|General candidates||Rs. 1800/-|
|SC/ST candidates||Rs. 1500/-|
|For Both Session:|
|General candidates||Rs. 3500/-|
|SC/ST candidates||Rs. 2800/-|
Candidates who want to appear in the NATA exam test centres outside India have to pay following fee for both sessions:
|For one session||Rs. 10,000/-|
|For both sessions||Rs. 18,000/-|
Mode of Payment:
The NATA application fee can be paid in online mode via debit card, credit card or net banking.
How to apply for NATA 2023?
Given below are the steps that candidate can follow to fill the NATA 2023 application form:
- Visit the NATA official website.
- Click on the button displaying “New Registration”.
- Fill all the details asked in the Registration form and click on ‘Submit’ button.
- Now, log in again using login Id and password obtained at the time of registration.
- Fill the personal details, address of communication, choice of examination centre and educational qualification in the application form.
- After filling all the details, upload the photograph and signature in the prescribed format.
- At last enter the Captcha and tick on ’I Agree’ box after reading the declaration.
- Preview the application form and click on the ’Submit’ button.
- Pay the registration fee and click on ‘Make Payment’.
- At last, candidates are advised to print the duly filled-in application form.
NATA 2023 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates are advised to check the following eligibility criteria before filling the application form:
- Qualification: Candidate should have passed/appearing in class 12 examination from any recognised board.
- Required Percentage: Candidate should have minimum of 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics and also secured minimum of 50% marks in class 12 level examination or passed Diploma Examination in 10+3 pattern with Mathematics as compulsory subject and at least 50% marks.
Note: NATA does not provide admission through lateral entry to candidates in later years of B.Arch. courses.
NATA 2023 Exam Pattern
Given below is the NATA 2023 complete exam pattern & marking scheme that candidate must familiar with:
- Exam Mode: Online mode i.e. Computer Based Test.
- Time Duration: 180 minutes i.e. 03 Hours.
- Sections: Three sections, i.e. Mathematics, Drawing & General Aptitude.
- Section-wise Time Duration: 60 minutes will be given to attempt questions of Part-A (aptitude section) and 120 minutes to attempt Part-B (I.e. drawing section).
- Total Number of Questions: Total 60 questions with total marks of 200 marks.
- Question Type: Mathematics & General Aptitude sections consists of multiple-choice questions.
- Marking Scheme: 2 marks will be awarded for each correct question.
- Negative Marking: No negative marking.
|Subjects||Distribution of Marks||Total marks|
NATA 2023 Syllabus
Before starting the preparation for exam, candidate must know the complete syllabus of NATA entrance test which is given below:
Part A: Mathematics and General Aptitude Test
|Algebra||Permutation and Combination|
|Logarithms||Theory and Application of Calculus|
|Matrices||3D Coordinate Geometry|
|Important General Aptitude Topics|
|Sets and Relations||Venn Diagram|
|Awareness of Architecture Works||Architectural Creations|
|Analytical Reasoning||Mental Ability|
Part B: Drawing Test
|In this part, Candidate’s sketching skills is tested in an attractive manner along with their Visualisation ability.rtant Topics for Drawing|
|Scale and Proportions of Objects||Geometric Composition|
|Shape and Colour Texture||Harmony and Contrast|
|Transformation in 2D and 3D||Perspective Drawing|
|Day to Day Objects Drawing||Sketching of Urbanscape and Landscape|
NATA 2023 Preparation Books
Given below are some standard books that candidate can opt for while preparing NATA entrance test:
- NATA and B.Arch. Question Bank by Ar. Shadan Usmani
- NATA & B.Arch complete self-study material: entrance examination by Ar. Shadan Usmani
- A Complete Self Study Guide for B.Arch by P. K. Mishra
- B.Arch Entrance Examination Guide by Surendra Kalimantan
Students can also opt study material provided by various coaching centres, some of the important ones include:
- NATA Study Material and Online Test Series
- Buying the Nata Entrance Books online by Mosaic Institute of Design
NATA 2023 Admit Card
The NATA admit card will be generated in the First week of April and Fourth week of June via online mode. The candidate can download the NATA admit card from the website of competent authority.
Candidates have to take the hard copy of the NATA admit card along with any one of the following original photo identity cards- Voter Card/ Pan Card/ Aadhar Card/ Driving Licence.
Candidates are advised to keep the admit cards till the completion of admission process.
How to Download NATA 2023 Admit Card
Given below are the necessary steps to download the NATA admit card:
- Visit the NATA official website.
- Login page will appear on the screen.
- Enter all the required details such as Application Number and Password and click on the “Login” button.
- The admit card will appear on the screen.
- Candidates are advised to print it for further use.
NATA 2023 Answer Key
After the examination, authority will release the answer key of MCQ portion (Part A) through online mode.
Before declaration of results, each candidate’s response sheets will be uploaded along with Part-wise marks scored by the candidate. Authority will not provide any review facility for the drawing test (Part B).
CoA will not provide any provision for post publication scrutiny and /or review. Any request will not be accepted by authority after publication of the result.
NATA 2023 Result
NATA 2023 Results is supposed to be declared tentatively on the fourth working day as soon as the test date gets over. Authority will release separate score card for each test. The score card contains the marks secured by candidate in first & second test and also the best marks secured in either of the tests which will be considered by authorities for admission to B.Arch. course.
Candidates are advised to print the scorecard of the NATA exam for further admission process.
NATA 2023 Cut off
The NATA exam conducting authority will release the Cut off of the exam in online mode. The cut off is the minimum marks that candidates must have secured to qualify the entrance exam.
The cut off marks depend on various factors such as total seats available, difficulty level of exam, total number of candidates appearing in the exam, etc.
Candidates must obtain at least 25% marks in MCQ portion and 25% marks in drawing portion to qualify the exam.
NATA 2023 Counselling
Authority will not conduct any separate counselling for providing admissions. Qualified candidates have to apply separately for each institution in which he/she want to take admission.
Candidates who want to get admission in B.Arch. courses must appear in separate counselling procedure conducted by each institution.
In the counselling, shortlisted candidates have to bring all the required documents and their photocopies for the verification process. Only those candidates who will fulfil eligibility criteria completely will get admission in institutes accepting NATA score.